Skip to content

Discuss This MCN rides the Britten V1000 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MCN rides the Britten V1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

MCN rides the Britten V1000

‘Outstanding’, ‘amazing’, and ‘work of art’ are all labels liberally applied to the exotic race bikes built by John Britten, but in reality the Britten deserves a unique accolade to celebrate its existence. In many peoples’ minds it’s simply the greatest bike ever made. For me it transcends everything, it’s a dream bike, it was the poster bike I had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 15:40)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

BRITTEN ?

What a very ugly piece of metal !

Reply to this Topic
StreetrodR

Oct 10

StreetrodR says:

Reading this the author's praise for John Britten sounds a little overblown. But it isn't. Britten is (sadly was) at least as gifted an engineer as Enzo Ferrari or Colin Chapman - even more so when you consider that he did this virtually from his shed and not within the safety of a large company with engineers and money to burn. The word genius is overused these days but not in JB's case.

The previous poster says it's ugly. I'd say it's striking. It wasn't designed to win shows. It was designed to kick ass at the highest level which it did.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

The Britten.............

..........was, and is, a masterpiece of engineering and vision created by a true pioneer and mechanical genius. @ VORTEX - you are such the offensive dullard ! If you knew anything, you would know the there is very little actual metal on the Britten. Just a few bits here and there besides the engine. John Britten pioneered exotic applications of carbon fiber way ahead of other manufacturers. Go ride your " Gixxer "

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

The Britten !

@mrblistershifter, Very litlle metal apart from the engine...lol....that is quite a lot of not only metal but uglly plastic as well....PML....

By the picture on your profile I do understand why you like this sort of thing....this is a free space and I do exercise my free speach and opinions about any garbage I see here.

Reply to this Topic
marlin48

Jan 13

marlin48 says:

Britten NZ 1996

As I was lucky enough  during the 1996 IOM TT to meet personally the 1996 Britton General Manager, Barry Reese. I told him about my intention to visit the Britton Shop in Christchurch the same year just for fun and because of my enthusiasm for the bike. So it happened and he showed me around all the production halls, he even took some wheels extra for me out of the oven...we had a 2 hours long chat about all kinda topics involved with parts maybe getting done in Europe for the Twin and for the new single cylinder model. He offered me even that I could buy one out of two available bikes (a brandnew one and the Daytona Winner were on offer) and I went back home after this with my head full of thoughts how I could get the right sponsors to let this bike race ....it all vanished again for me after a long time of trying...now I know still that this was my best bike involved experience I ever had!! And I still love this outstanding kinda bike!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

beautiful machine

I've loved the look of this bike from the first time I saw the Britten. I know mainstream manufacturers like to play it safe with models they can move to the masses etc. but if one man can come up with the inovations that are on this bike what sort of bikes should we be riding from the major manufacturers with all the resources that they have, just a thought.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices