Skip to content

Discuss This Youth experiment: Kymco K-Pipe First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Youth experiment: Kymco K-Pipe

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Youth experiment: Kymco K-Pipe

This bike is the freshest breath of air in small capacity motorcycling in years. There, I’ve said it. It could also be exactly what’s needed if today’s youth are ever going to get back into motorcycling in a big way. For the moment, let’s leave its name, manufacturer and country of origin to one side (rest assured, however, they’re not Chinese)....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 15:43)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
earthbound14

Nov 08

earthbound14 says:

Kymco is actually Taiwanese, given the number of Kims in Korea though I think this is an honest mistake.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

MCN journalism at its best

Kymco is one of the best Chinese manufacturers, as evidenced by the fact that they sell engines to both BMW and mainland Chinese outfits (who normally do everything in house).  But South Korean, no.  That's Hyosung and Daelim.

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

wut

does anybody know the difference between China, Taiwan and Korea? lol

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

rlf3

Original my auntie Fanny, more than just an echo of the Honda CT series or the more recent Sachs Madass, which is no bad thing.

It should be well enough made and reliable because after all, Kymco quality is BMW quality....

Kymco are from Taiwan.

Taiwan is the name of the island on which the Republic of China is to be found and should not to be confused with the People's Republic of China which is on the mainland.

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

it looks like someone chopped the top of a bike, and just placed it over a pit bike engine bay. i don't like it. i don't know many people who would. but if it brings more "bike curious" people onto two wheels, then fair enough

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Looks a fun wee bike and definitely different.

Reply to this Topic
ImperialManiac

Nov 12

Why would anyone want this? I just turned 20, so I'm really not too far away from the market their aiming at, and I wouldn't have one if you paid me... "k-pipe" sounds like some sort of drug taking paraphernalia, it's ugly as sin and the size of a small bicycle. This bike is what older people think younger people want, let's face it, in reality I don't think anyone's going to be pining for one. Maybe some chavs will convert and ride k-pipes with L's instead of hairdryers? Some have already moved to quads.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

WHAT?

It's Feb 1st, not April 1st surely.

Reply to this Topic
shamarone

Jan 13

shamarone says:

the 1982

honda MB5 of my youth. 

however the difference between being young in 1982...? and being young in 2013...?  is in my day we were actually "kids" and found this sort of thing fascinating. :) 

we weren't the jaded, abused, gun-shot, face-tube, you-book obsessed, pre-adults we have here in the 21st century.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

tube frame C90

I like it. I'm not 17 but I still like it.It may be a tube frame C90, bored out to 125, nothing new,but there again how can you reinvent the wheel? At least it shows someone out there is using some imagination and being taken seriously by the manufacturer. I like the price too, if it sells honda will have a copy out later?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle