You are in... Forums > General > General > How much to fix a tooth veneer

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

How much to fix a tooth veneer

whilst on holibobs tucking into a hearty breakfast I felt one of my veneers snap in half:shock:

I thought I'd swallowed it so ferreting about my eggy with my fingers trying to find half a veneer I was starting to lose my swede

Eventually found it and went to my room to do a quick repair, luckily bought some tooth cement with me.

As I was in a hurry and not wearing specs, hastily cemented sliver of tooth back together.  This stuff is seriously strong so was ok and thought it would hold until I got home

Sat back downstairs with a coffee and well earned ciggie(needed one to relieve stress)  my tooth felt a bit strange, only to be told by munchkin that it looks like I put it in upside down:shock:

Oh buggery buggery I thought. However throughout the day I could feel it getting looser and looser as the cement was not adhering to anything.

Just as I got back to the room about 12 long hours later it thankfully gave way and a new repair was made this time wearing my specs:smile

I was wondering how much the dentist will charge doing a new one.  I felt it being a bit rough in the last couple of weeks. 

The trouble is she will have to drill out the veneer completely which takes a couple of hours, put in a temporary  one whilst a new one is made then go back have the temporary one removed and the new one fitted. 

Shouldn't these things have a guarantee?  I can see this being an expensive fix.

Sod being a teacher I'm going to do a fast track course in dentistry:mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 January 2013 17:40)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

no it can't be bonded

have to have it re done.

They have been a nightmare, had them first done in 2006 and just as they'd finished putting them on permanent cement I had an accident which smashed them to pieces along with my face and nose so had to have them done again after operations had finished.

I looked a right mess no front teeth and a nose where my ear should be:shock:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices