Skip to content

Discuss This 'How I bagged a Britten' General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 'How I bagged a Britten'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

'How I bagged a Britten'

Britten owner and dedicated biker, Kevin Grant, bought his first bike aged 15, then got into racing and collecting bikes. How did you come to own a Britten?I picked it up in 1996, or '97, I think. It was just a quirk of fate really. We were going to a jubilee meeting at Assen, and I was trying to organise all...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 January 2013 10:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Britten

WOW.

I too had a poster of the Britten V1000 on my bedroom wall.

All I can say is, you lucky bugger. I'm VERY jealous. It must have been nerve wracking though, riding one of only a few bikes left.

Incidently, 1 million NZ Dollars is approx Half a million Sterling.

Reply to this Topic
mharrold

Jan 13

mharrold says:

You lucky bastard

I consider myself lucky to own an Excelsior Henderson but I'd trade my wife and first born (only born) for a Britten. Fantastic motorcycle. Fantastic article. Thanks

Reply to this Topic
mharrold

Jan 13

mharrold says:

Problem is..

he never said actual price. A nice house in NZ varies depending on personal standards and definition of "nice house". I'd prefer a monetary value be assigned to the purchase price. I'm not looking to get into specifics but was it $100k or $1m+?

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Do they know where Nori Haga's factory R7 is? If i ever win a lottery? I wan't that R7!

Reply to this Topic
weetonypaul

Mar 09

weetonypaul says:

Lucky you mr child, I can remember lying prone in a ditch at the TT in the early 90s when the britten first appeared on th island and you could hear it comin for mile before you saw it! Had a closer look at it at the ramsey sprint later that week and it was an awesome piece of engineering! RIP John Britten. ps, time for a haircut Adam! lol

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

I wonder!

It really makes me wonder what drives people, to not only like is or, even considering buying this ever so ugly piece of metal + plastic, carbon or whatever material he made use of to manufacture this "thing" on 2 wheels and called motorcycle....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices