Skip to content

General What bike floats your boat? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What bike floats your boat?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

What bike floats your boat?

With the new year arriving I'm considering changing some of my bikes (just fancy a bit of a change for some of them). Trouble is I struggling to find a bike I really want to own (either new or old) that I've not already tried in the past.

Either new or old, what bikes float your boat sufficiently that you could really contemplate parting with your own hard earned cash to get?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 01:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I like mine very much

MVaugusta F3, lovely little machine:smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I

heartbeat.gif  my 990 smr

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

i know i will regret this suggestion

If you have several bikes, why not give a new Yam XP 530 T-Max a try. I have one along with my other bikes and i can honestly say it's a hoot. Some 500/600 riders get the shock when i pull away from the lights.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

you

did say "change", why buy same same but differant??????

Want to own........tricky

Own cash........depends how liquid you are.

Bit o fun......deffo

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bikes

ok, ill set the rot in, A Wing for 'popping to Wales" to see my folks in summer..duke 1198, just in  garage to look hot! 

erm..africa twin/tenere for winter fun..list goes on..lol

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

My faves are basically

a variation on a theme...

Guzzi 1200Sport, Monster 1100, Thruxton / Bonnie / W800, Harlet Sportsters / Dynas, Victory Judge / Highball / Hammer

...from the sporty(er) side of the air-cooled mid-to-big-twin, to the more relaxed side of that gene pool.

I kinda like the Duke Streetfighter, but would probably not enjoy ownership as much as looking at it. Ditto RC8R.

I do like dirt bikes though....and hypermotards - SMR, Hypermotard, Dorsoduro

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

spondonste

With your skills and knowledge have you thought of another bike build to your own requirements?

That way as you know you get what your after, although time consuming. 

Edit if a little late having just read the question again, its my age.

Still find the V Max MK1 does all I need, although I have made one or two changes along the way since buying it in 1998.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Pizzazz

I'm deffo going to be keeping the spondon and it's currently being moded for the forthcoming year. The Spondon Owners Club and Street Specials MCC are planning to have a stand at the festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory so it'll be there as a minimum.

I've just been modding my CBR900RR fireblade to fit a 17 front wheel and I might toy with changing the swingarm and seat unit on it. That said though I'm not looking to take on lots of other projects (already got a TL1000S streetfighter and CBR600 race bike project on the go).

I just fancy something a little bit different which is going to give me a bit of a buzz when riding it but don't have much in the way of a short list.

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

bikes

Well i want to Triumph dealer yesterday to be nosy and looked at the new Daytona 675, blue and white. I weren't to fond of it at first seeing it on a picture, but seeing it with my own eyes it looks pretty nice. Dont like the front intake though, its like a big hole i can fit half of my arm in. But i want a enduro bike like a KTM EXC or similar to play in the snow and use for winter riding. Dont want the Daytona covered in salt do we now 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Buzz and not something you have

the word supermoto is screaming at me here.

BTW - isn't a TL1000S streetfighter an SV1000?:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle