Skip to content

General What bike floats your boat? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What bike floats your boat?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

What bike floats your boat?

With the new year arriving I'm considering changing some of my bikes (just fancy a bit of a change for some of them). Trouble is I struggling to find a bike I really want to own (either new or old) that I've not already tried in the past.

Either new or old, what bikes float your boat sufficiently that you could really contemplate parting with your own hard earned cash to get?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 01:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

That's

Because i have excellent taste in Motor cycles....Rosey..:wink:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

goes

without saying Mrs H, goes without saying

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Kam posted this

a Virus 185 bhp GSX-R1000 based naked, think i could love this too.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

ANichol

I still have my Husky SM610 supermoto and am using it daily for commuting. Used to own a gilera Nordwest and raced a vertemati supermoto in the NORA supermoto championship a few years ago so do have a bit of a soft spot for them. The bigger capacity stuff (ie 950cc supermoto's etc) completely looses the plot of a moto in that it MUST be extremely light to flick flack through corners.

The Ducati Streetfighter appeals but the spondon and TL are both fightered already. (I like the comments about the 1198 engine being a bit of an instant torque monster). Have looked from time to time at the Guzzi 1200 sport.

Used to own and race an RGV and whilst I have a soft spot for them the step down in power from the big stuff I'm used to now might (?) damage my rose tinted memory of them.

Have tried cruiser style bikes and they're just not me. The bike has to be able to hustle around corners and if it can wheelie and stoppie like a wailing banshee then thats a definate benefit.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I think

to drop down in capacity to a 400 is fun but you always are going to want to have that more powerful bike around.

A DRZ400SM is hilarious fun, especially as you can use everything on the road. I loved it and when I do eventually have the cash, I'll have two bikes - one a sensible one and one a DRZ400 or something similar that I can fully use on the road.

And if Suzuki ever take my advice (they rang me after I sent in an e-mail and we had a chat about it) and bring out a DRZ600sm then I'm there in an instant.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

always liked

the Tuono, but also like the Dorsoduro, or that mad KTM prototype, also liked the SV1000 with the full fairing....also like the Suzuki VN1800 Marauder or the......................

................................................................................

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Speed Triple

I've recently bought the bike that was up there on my wish list... My speed triple.... ( round headlight 1050 version... Not the latest one.. .?? )...

Other than that, I've always loved the looks and the principle of the Ducati Diavel 

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

goldenboy....

oh yeh, one of those too....:smile

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

well ive got a domminator

and a c90 id love a widowmaker

but id realy love a kh 500 or rd 400 to restore ?

any body wanna sell me 1 ? pm me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Still love the R1100S

but also strangely attracted to the Guzzi V7

RSV4 (tried to sit on one a couple of years back but my knees aren't bendy enough these days)

Suzuki DRZ400SM - hired a 350 in Cyprus years ago - great laugh!

Bizarely enough - BMW G650 X-Country  -  though why I'm not sure...:mellow:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices