Skip to content

General Honda CBF 500 as compared to Honda CbRS General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Honda CBF 500 as compared to Honda CbRS

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

Honda CBF 500 as compared to Honda CbRS

Ok so I have sold my bike and now I am looking to buy a bigger bike. This one 

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/honda-cbf-500cc-abs-black-57-quick-sale/1007745106.

How exepensive is it going to be to run this bike given its high mileage. I am looking at annual figure excluding insurance. I commute to work about 20 miles 5 days a week.
I will also need to fit a 33bhp kit as I am still on restricted. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 11:53)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

@

I am not that much worried about fuel costs but other repair and replacement parts

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

CBF500

A CBF with that mileage on it is not worth anything like that money and an ex-dispatch bike would have led a very hard life.  Can I suggest that you pick up a copy of this months Ride Magazine.  There is a very good article on their on buying bargain bikes up to a £1500 budget. 

In general it is difficult to know how much a used bike is going to cost you to run unless you know for sure how its been treated.  Even a low mileage bike can throw up expansive problems if neglected / abused by its previous owner.  Look for tell-tale signs that the bike has been looked after properly and you should have no issues. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices