Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP boss: Valentino Rossi convinced he still competitive MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP boss: Valentino Rossi convinced he still competitive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP boss: Valentino Rossi convinced he still competitive

Valentino Rossi prolonged his MotoGP career until the end of 2014 at least because he is convinced that he can still be a race winner and world title contender against the likes of Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa. That’s the view of MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta, who believes the 33-year-old would not have completed a shock return to Yamaha if he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 13:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Keep Birt in

Face up - he's pulling all yer strings.  Ha ha ha.

Oh yes an Rossi will be competitive.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

“The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.”

If they all stay fit, it'll be between Rossi and Pedrosa...

Reply to this Topic
Desmoman916

Nov 09

Desmoman916 says:

Rossi Has Had His Time!

People forget Rossi was struggling against Lorenzo 3 years ago and left Yamaha because he was a beaten man. Now 3 years on people think hes going to go as well as he did 5 years ago,Dont think so some how. The title will be about Lorenzo & Marquez with Pedrosa and Rossi battling for 3rd at best. Poor old Dani with the 3rd team mate that will beat him to a world title again. Last predicion after Marquez lifts the title this year or next or both he will be made a big offer buy Ducati and win the title. Rossi should have stayed at Ducati and just done his best but now highly likely to add the second black mark to his incredible career with a Yamaha come back flop. 

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Cheeseburger?

Why not. I'd be hungry after three days of hard graft in Malaysia giving all those youngsters something else to think about. "Rossi's looking good. Shit, it ain't gonna be no time trial like last year."

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

Rossi will win

You do not win the amount Rossi has and then forget how to be competitive.Now he is back on his baby it will come back pretty quickly, Lorenzo will have Pedrosa ,Rossi and maybe Marquez to compete with as for the Ducati's well they will probably be mid pack as usual with spies maybe finding his form again. Why don't all you armchair GP pilots just wait and see how Rossi gets on before condemning him to mid pack has been .

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rookie winner

Can't be asked to do the research but i don't think anyone has ever lifted the MotoGP title in their rookie season (I stand to be corrected if anyone can be bothered to research) So to those who think Marquez will lift the title 2013 I say 'wishful thinking'.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

can't be assed?

Kenny Roberts: From MotoGP site: "Having made a one-off appearance with Yamaha at the Dutch Grand Prix in 1974, where he finished third, Roberts entered the World Championship full-time with the Japanese brand in 1978. He won the 500cc title at the first attempt courtesy of four Grand Prix wins and four further podiums, making history in the process as the first American to take the crown."

So yes, has been done if you scratch the wild card

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

cthwaites

Thanks for bothering to delve back into the archives and not be a lazy B'stard like me!  I had a feeling it might have been KR senior but that was more than 30 years ago and things were very different then. Would you expect Marquez to master the big gun that quick ?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn.

I think Marquez will be in the mix all season long. I'm expecting a season reminiscent of Lorenzo's first outing in the big league - blindingly fast with a number of crashes, but pushing the established riders all the way. I would be surprised if he comes lower than 4th, but equally surprised if he wins the thing. Given his talent, not an impossibility, but highly unlikely in a field this strong. I'm rooting for Pedrosa, but I think Rossi will have a lot to say about where the championship goes and you can never rule out Lorenzo. Although, I just think Pedrosa will have too much for him this year, and Rossi will be both a mental and physical thorn in his side..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR

Agreed - I think the WC will be obviously between the two Repsol's and the two Yams - top 3 being between Pedrosa Lorenzo and Rossi with Marquez getting amongst 'em on occasions -   I also reckon that given  the right conditions Crutchlow and Bradl will be podium contenders. Maybe by the end of the season Ducati will be getting there but certainly not initially.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices