Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo confident he can defend MotoGP title MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo confident he can defend MotoGP title

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo confident he can defend MotoGP title

Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo is confident he can retain his MotoGP world title in 2013 with the resumption of the winter testing campaign drawing ever closer. Lorenzo, who captured his second MotoGP crown with six wins last year, gave his thoughts on his prospects for mounting a successful defence during a special Yamaha promotional tour with new teammate Valentino Rossi in Indonesia. Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 13:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

i rekon

rossi is gonna smoke the lot ov um ?

lets face it , he is back on a yam n lord noes he can get some serious mumbo outa that thing .........................................however the hondas r faster so we shall c whaat do u boys think about the ducattis ????????????:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

There is a chance that

Jorge will be so busy worrying about dani this season and vice-versa that they will make mistakes. That would allow rossi to challenge for the crown. If rossi gets even a sniff of a possibility of winning the championship, he will ride like marquez on a 600 to make it happen. That's where race craft comes in. Champions know what mental state to be in during a winning season. Dani or Vale for title this year. The three spaniards battling will also allow rossi potential wins and points as they take points off each other...sweet! Sepang will reveal all.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

May as well flip a coin ....

... between Honda and Yamaha taking out the championship, then another coin between Dani\Marc and Jorge\Vale.

That said - you would have to expect that Jorge and Dani will come out of the blocks quickest, with Marc and Vale a little bit behind on the learning curve.  The first race will be a cracker I reckon and I would put an outside bet on a Ducati podium because there may be trouble ahead.

Jorge kept his head last year and took advantage of the Hondas tripping over each other at the start of the 2012 championshio]p, and some cruel luck for Dani at the end.  Now he has a stronger teammate with an agenda that could work for him or against him.  If he still pulls it off he will be a legend.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

ducati on the podium????

Smackbum....I would everything I have on ducati not getting anywhere near the podium

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

All smiles know wonder what Rossi's face will look like when JL starts whooping him.on the track.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yep that'll be it Choccy Cams

Rossi choose to ride poorly for the past two years and make himself look like a grid filler. If he feels like it he can just choose to turn the dial up to eleven and make them all look silly. Fuck you really wouldn't have a scoobie would you. Rossi reached his talent ceiling years ago. He ran away from Yamaha 2010 because he knew it. He's only back through pure desperation on his part - well that and Uncle Carmelo.

The question really is how many more beyond the two plus one Aliens will beat him?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The thing is

Rossi probably rode the Ducati as hard as he rode the Yam before and will ride the Yam again -  the difference being one tenth of one second on each corner which is the difference between the ultra-smooth M1 and the aggressive characterisics of the Ducati.  Not much really is it ?  On an average track with 15 corners that one tenth of one second adds up to one and a half seconds per lap and on a 20 lap race 30 seconds adrift.  What Ducati need is to find that one tenth by refining the bike - no good looking for another Stoner the guy was a one off.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

DogBert

Always trying to better himself, and works on the mental aspects just as much as the physical.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PI 2011 and his epic 'dice' with Ellison last season spring to mind when mentioning JLo's 'mental strength'. When push comes to shove he'll generally back-off and rack up points. He's coming off the back off an arse kicking from Dani in the last half of the previous season and now has Vale to contend with. The man's had a long winter to think about this season and i'm not so certain that despite being WC, he's too confident of holding onto his crown.

Dani for me.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

numpty nostro

Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind when responding to your feeble, vitriol filled nonsense. Yawn...first off, no one said rossi chose to ride poorly at ducati. He didnt gell with the bike and couldn't ride it...he has already admitted that he was a failure, so what more do you need to hear genius? Everyone knows that casey was the only one able to extract the potential from the bike. So what?...casey was unable to defend his title on a honda...the best bike...rossi was able to defend his title on a honda...the best bike. Stop living inthe past dude and look to the future. Rossi's last race win was over 2 years ago, it was on an m1. He is going to be flooded with feedback from the front end of the yamaha, and after the piece of shit ducati, his confidence and challenging at the front will return. Im sure if he had have stayed at yamaha he would have better stats and definitely some wins. I know he wont dominate, but he will be in the mix, and if the young guns take each other out through their need to be top spaniard....he will pounce. Personally id like to see pedrosa win the title...i just wsnt to see a competitive rossi on the podium and occasionally top step. Look at Hayden 06... If rossi wins the title it will be like thet...or biaggi's title this year. Consistency will be key, and i see the spaniards crashing alot this year....you heard it here first!...Now...as for choccy cams...do your research...1986 vfr 750 was overbuilt and sold for a huge loss just to regain valuble public faith back. It has gear-driven cams and mor top end than the rc30. Which by the way is a direct decendant of the all mighty viffer. Lets see ....a v-four config, 3/4 litre capacity...oh wait...thats the rc212v! Also direct decendant of vfr technology. Choccy cams refers to the 83-85 vf series. The only thing they have in common is honda on the tank, and the v in the name. Everything was different.In 86 there was a different firing order, different engine, perimeter aluminum frame instead of box steel, 40pounds lighter, and built to last until 250-300,000k. Oh look the barrel is empty...i think your ass must rwally be your brain in that widdle upsidecountry you live in.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Dani for you eh?

Jorge's dice with James was with the title in the bag. It was Dani that collapsed at the Island when he got a sniff of the title. You almost sound like you're sneering at Jorge for grabbing points. Very odd.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle