Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo confident he can defend MotoGP title MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo confident he can defend MotoGP title

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo confident he can defend MotoGP title

Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo is confident he can retain his MotoGP world title in 2013 with the resumption of the winter testing campaign drawing ever closer. Lorenzo, who captured his second MotoGP crown with six wins last year, gave his thoughts on his prospects for mounting a successful defence during a special Yamaha promotional tour with new teammate Valentino Rossi in Indonesia. Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 13:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Jorge crash

We talking about the same Jorge screw up with James Ellison?

Valencia, after he'd won the title?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'm talking about his mental fragility at times. Hence 'Ellison'.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

Not like you bud - the title was already his -  ''I'm talking about his mental fragility at times.'' Bit like the absent fisherman then ?

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Well

Mental fragility was what Pedrobot suffered in Oz. Maybe Jorge's was too, but making a mistake like that when you've just been crowned champ the month before shouldn't reflect too badly on him. He got the business done that year. Won when he had the advantage early, and hung on when he didn't. It's what champions do.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn, you appear to be showing your age.

Did you not recently exclaim from your lofty perch, that from hereon in you would no longer reference Stoner in these kind of debates as it was, in your own words " time to move on" ? The only thing faster than the speed of thought is the speed of forgetfulness. Good thing we have other people to help us remember.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

AAh CHR  I was aware of that but you will notice I did not mention any unmentionable persons name. That name must be in your mind.   Btw do I appear to be on a lofty perch ?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I understand Saturn..

..very Harry Potter! I jest about the height of your delivery, you're one of the least lofty on this site. No offence intended, just a little banter, that's all!

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

I don't think anyone can call Jorge mentally fragile, he's been brought up from day to one to believe he is the best. He's a bit like Mourinho with self belief and that's why he comes across abit smug sometimes. In his head he is the best and nothing can change it. To be honest it's one of his strongest traits.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

DogBert

Mental fragility was what Pedrobot suffered in Oz. Maybe Jorge's was too, but making a mistake like that when you've just been crowned champ the month before shouldn't reflect too badly on him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dani was catching him lap by lap. JLo crumbled when ultimately he should've said, 'have this one on me'.

Mental fragility (despite being WC), due to Dani kicking his arse for much of the season. It's been a long winter for for the man from Majorca.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Crumbled?

That's harsh. I'll grant you, he really wanted the win after the run Dani had been on, but crumbled?

He knows the Honda had the edge second half of the season.

I think the more interesting dynamic will be how Dani copes with another teammate who'll be an immediate inductee to the Alien club.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices