Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: ‘My first goal is the podium’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: ‘My first goal is the podium’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: ‘My first goal is the podium’

Valentino Rossi’s first mission on his return to Yamaha in this year's MotoGP world championship is to score his first podium since the end of 2010.The 33-year-old is making his first official appearance since re-signing for Yamaha during a special promotional tour in Indonesia, where he is helping launch a new logo for one of the factory team’s key sponsors,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 13:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Bulto

I enjoy Rossi and Stoner the same, both great riders and both keep it interesting in the media, was not aware of his attitude towards Biaggi (although it is quite widely aknowledged Biaggi was an arrogant cnut) although he could only have been a teenager at the time. I like Stoner because he says it as it is and as a world class rider and WC he has earned the right to say it. In this case though he should have kept quiet. apparently he is just an average guy who likes the quiet life and enjoys his privacy. If so then why spout off on twitter with a comment he knows will cause contraversy?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Mr Krabs

I agree, I've not actually read it so don't know what he said exactly - not into twitter, twatter or whatever. With some riders / drivers you know they'd do it tongue in cheek, just to generate some interest with a bit of controversy. Stoner though for me, and like you say, doesn't seem that type so no idea what he's up to.

You wonder if it was staged but again, doesn't seem the type that would do that, no matter how much his sponsors push him to. All seems strange to me.

I agree about Biaggi too - not someone you can take to.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

MrKrabs...

"If so then why spout off on twitter with a comment he knows will cause contraversy?"

... or, on the other hand, why mention, in a Dainese PR interview, something that was done & dusted 5 years ago?... the need to remind yourself (or your fans) that you used to be able to beat him or deliberately sparking controversy?...

They're not so different, as has been pointed out many times. Rossi took a while to get over Biaggi, someone he consistently beat... I think it might just take a little longer over someone who he was consistently beaten by.

It's possible that, after the fierce rivalries & circus that is MotoGP, Stoner sees the domestic V8 series as being in need of spicing up a bit if it's to keep his interest. He's achieved far more in motorsport far younger than any of his new opponents... enough to get anyone's back up, but to stir it up as well?... it's got the likes of Milky & Supermario spitting feathers already & they (presumably) aren't even racing.... let the fireworks begin!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha ha bulto

but when it comes to judging riders, there are rules and there are rules for Rossi - from a certain element.

I think exactly the same could be said about Stoner on this forum!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Rossi vs Australia and Spain

Rossi currently has 7 premier class titles, 1 less than Australia's collective titles (serious riders like Wayne Gardner and Mick Doohan didn't bother with the tiddler classes in the days of 500 racing El Diablo), while Spain has 5 less than Australia by my calculation currently.

Go Vale.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

LaceyPantsCasey

Your MotoGP wet dream is over, buy youself a chevy, stick your fishing rod in the boot, go down the canal and do what he does, fish, because you're sounding a boring joke now, just 'carping on'  give it a 'rod rest', he's found his 'plaice', 'eel' not be back. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Cornfed

I guess you had your mums help with that?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ElDickhead

GET OVER IT THE GOAT IS A GOOOOD, 70% of MOTOGP fans adore him,

---------------------------------------------------------------

................and they all watch the xfactor every Saturday night.

Jeez you're fucking boring.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

LaceypantsCasey

Still 'carping' on, 'flounder' ing as usual, I'm sorry to see you so 'hooked' on Moaner, it's a 'reel' shame he's 'fin'ished on motor'pikes'. 

That sweet little Momma of your's helped me with that one, oh yeah.  

Reply to this Topic
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

Re: Better Quotes

Best film quote "Christine" - "You can't beat the smell of a new car, Except the smell of P**ssy". Classic....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices