Skip to content

General What music do you listen to while riding? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What music do you listen to while riding?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SadPanda1993

Sep 12

SadPanda1993 says:

What music do you listen to while riding?

Subject says it all. whats your fav sogs to listen when going out for a spin. or some good tunes for a long trip. just started an iTunes playlist so i'll put forward

'paradise city' By Guns n Roses

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 January 2013 18:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I normally find anything other

than Metalica or Cypress Hilljust gets lost over the windrush

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Just the engine

for me, too. I do miss my lovely Vance and HInes but the Striple can scream quite nicely if provoked.

Also I have't been able to get out of the habit of listening for engine trouble. Almost irrelevent nowadays but it used to be an important early warning system on the sort of bikes I could afford in my teens.

Ever so useful when you're not expecting the 140 mph overtake (was that you, weasel?) which always makes me jump, even when you see and hear it coming.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Never

Never listened to music whilst riding..... I love the sound of the engine, the roar of air through the induction box.... And I always have an ear out for those sirens too !! Lol

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

music

I can`t hear any music whilst riding.

Reply to this Topic
SadPanda1993

Sep 12

SadPanda1993 says:

fair point lads

i first used earphones to block out the stupid wind noise on the motorway. and since i'm doing a relatively sensible 80mph on the motorway i use music to stop me getting bored out of my skull.

though after these comments i feel i should ditch the earphones and invest in a better helmet

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I

don't use them. Only time I used them I got over excitable and got pulled by the cops.

For a split second I did think "big estate Vs supermoto around some estates... hmm" and then of course pulled over.

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

earphones

sometimes i use them, i put just one earpiece in so i can still ear whats around me and the bike of course. And i listen to anything what on my mp3 

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

me

i listen to most anything from late 50's to 80's but not disco or poncey type crap rock n roll blues tamla  rock

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

weasle:

It's actually "I never see the sudden curve 'till it's way too late"... 

Makes more sense... he goes flying off a great height, in my imagining of the tragedy.   Probably along the winding passes through the Colorado mountains, or up route-1 in California.   Saw many opportunities to do just that while cruising up and down there myself.

-------
Edit note:  Agreed about not listening to music while riding!

Referred to this Meat Loaf situation as a 'tragedy', because 'tragedy' doesn't just mean something sad or unfortunate, it's an ancient Greek concept concerning a terrible thing that happened because of a flaw in the character of the individual concerned.

In Meat Loaf's BooH, it was his inability to stop thinking about his girl.   "But I can't stop thinking of you.  And I never see the sudden curve 'til it's way too late!"

Listening to music while riding?   Damn.  If you're getting bored while riding, you run a very serious risk of getting dead fast.  And that would be a real tragedy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

distraction

if you are listening to music while riding then you are NOT riding....suggest you get a car!The difference bet a good biker and 90per cent of car drivers is the level of concentration and if u come to grief and they find yer phones on u can forget any claim for anything!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices