Skip to content

General Stoner on the moan again.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Stoner on the moan again....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Stoner on the moan again....

Well i guess leaving is hard to do after all....

Casey Stoner hits out at MotoGP fans after V8 Supercars move

Casey Stoner has accused a section of MotoGP fans of a "lack of respect" following his move to V8 Supercars.

Two-time MotoGP champion Stoner, 27, has confirmed his deal with Red Bull Racing Australia. 

Stoner suffered a broken ankle last year but insists his decision has nothing to do with injuries.

They want to see biff and barge and they don't realise our lives are on the line. We became puppets in that world and it had nothing to do with racing

Casey Stoner

"We got spat at [by fans], they tried to knock us off scooters going from the motor homes to the pits," he told the Telegraph. 

"We had a lack of respect from a lot of people around the sport and I didn't like the direction it was taking.

"Unfortunately they didn't like my honesty in the paddock.

"That was part of it, but more it was the direction of the sport."

He said:  "Very happy to have a chance to race with @redbullracingAU in the Dunlop Series this year. Looking forward to getting on track at Clipsal!"

Stoner will race for the first time in the curtain-raiser to Adelaide's Clipsal 500 next month.

The former Repsol Honda rider was frustrated by technical changes to MotoGP that have increased engine sizes to 1000cc from 800cc and preceded the departure of manufacturers such as Kawasaki and Suzuki from the sport.

Stoner criticised the nature of the sport following the death of rider Marco Simoncelli at the Malaysian MotoGP in Sepang in 2011.

He added: "We lost a rider a couple of years ago, and within a month it was like it never happened. They want to see biff and barge and they don't realise our lives are on the line.

"We became puppets in that world and it had nothing to do with racing." :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 January 2013 15:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I always

liked Casey as a racer.. Simply he was one of the best during his time in GP's and will be missed.. (by me anyway) But off track... (where he's just a normal bloke like you and me) he's a bit of a misguided self obsessed fool.. he'd have been better off to just stick a sock in it many times during his career..

Nevertheless I wish him ongoing success in Car racing... just stick to driving Casey... Nobody cares what you think about the 'bigger picture' of the race scene.

You were never an 'uncared-for puppett'.. You were a GP racer.. One of the world's most dangerous sports where many have sadly lost thier lives... This is the world you entered as a teenager... a world that most of us.. stuck in our dull tedious low paid jobs.. would give up a bollock to be part of...

Man up boy!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Same old tired cliche???

Some aspects of british race spectators just have this instant dislike of Stoner and twist everything he says to be a moan. He was/ is a very fast rider that always looked for the way in which to improve his performance. If he won a race but thought the bike package could be improved in certain ways he would openly say it. As an engineer I can respect that point of view and it shows that he is actively trying to improve his game rather than rest on laurels. If he had enjoyed his victory openly he would have been criticised as being smug or the bike would have been what won not the rider.

For my buck I have far more respect for Stoner than any supposed race support that spews out the same tired old cliche about him moaning. He was one of the fastest riders around and adapted to the bike in ways that other riders simply can't manage. He has proven his mantle on the race track. I'm not sure the detractors can personally top that and so besmirching remarks about moaning fall on very deaf ears for me.

Reply to this Topic
weewes

Sep 03

weewes says:

Respect

Homer

Casey's main problem is that he never grasped the fact that in life and all aspects of it RESPECT is earned and not given just for being good at something,

Weewes

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

I'd have to

agree with Spondon. Stoner rode the bikes hard, but well.  Like a lot of people I guess, he felt that the sport should be about more than just the financial aspects.  Not a popular view, or one that will ever overturn the way things are, but he had, at least the balls to stand up and say his piece. Right or wrong. 

I loved watching him, and will miss his style.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices