Skip to content

Ask an Expert Triumph Bonneville TOR silencers Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Triumph Bonneville TOR silencers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

AndyL61

Jan 13

AndyL61 says:

Triumph Bonneville TOR silencers

I have recently bought a brand new Bonnie and I am currently running it in . I have bought some immaculate genuine Triumph TOR silencers ( the louder one's) , now I know that Triumph sell you a remap when you buy from them , my question is "Do I need the remap" ? I have fitted the silencers and the bike runs as well as before , I have only done 30 miles but everything seems great . If I don't need to remap I'd rather not then I can swap back without any hassle , my dealer is bound to tell me I need to remap so thought I'd ask here first . Thanks for any help.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 January 2013 19:24)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

TOR

Welcome Andy,i`m surprised your bike runs well as you say with the TOR cans.The engine will be running hotter on a weaker mixture and being an air cooled engine could suffer in hot weather (if it comes).

Water cooled engines can handle a weaker mixture that`s why there`s more about for stupid E.E.C. emissions.

How about your warranty? This could be void if problems occur because off a weak mixture.

I suggest you keep it original until run in.Or keep on the right side with the dealer and a remap.

Are you sure the bike runs ok at constant revs inbetween 2,000/3,000rpm? 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I'm with jaffa

got yourself a nice new bike,zorst but don't want to pay for a remap :blink:

Get a diagnostic cable and go to TuneECU lots of useful Triumph  remap options there, sorted my m8's 955 Tiger out, but as jaffa say's watch that warranty.

Ride safe

unit

Reply to this Topic
AndyL61

Jan 13

AndyL61 says:

Thanks guys

It's not that I don't want to pay for a re map just that it seems to run so nicely . Only took it out for a short spin , will swap them back and when it goes for 500 mile service I'll put em back on and get the re map done . Cheers guys .

Reply to this Topic
saxman16

Feb 13

saxman16 says:

Hi

Dropped my 2012 se off at the dealer today and they fitted the TORS pipes and did the re-map. It now sounds like a Bonneville should , mid range torque is better , it pulls perfect all the way to the red line , idle is smoother, it's a different bike .

Get it done , they did my install and re-map for free as I purchased the TORS from them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices