Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner completes four-wheel switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner completes four-wheel switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Stoner completes four-wheel switch

Casey Stoner has ended months of speculation about his future by finally confirming he will race a V8 Supercar in Australia in 2013. The double MotoGP world champion, who retired after finishing third in a rain-hit Valencia race last November, will drive a Red Bull-backed Triple Eight Holden in the Dunlop Series, which is a feeder series to the main V8...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 09:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Booty....

"I hate the fact that the yellow bloke dragged my favourite brand down to rock bottom whilst prophesying he would turn the whole damn thing around."

Yeah, I'm not sure about this... Rossi made a dumb statement about Stoner not trying & was clearly wrong but I don't think he can be blamed for anything other than being just another racer who couldn't ride it. Most riders are positive about their chances when moving to a new team (why make the move if you aren't?). Neither he nor Hayden were able to take advantage of any of the changes Ducati made... if you blame Rossi you've got to blame Hayden too.

(... & sorry Bulto :biggrin: )

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

err Hedgey mate

I haven't posted a comment yet...

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Milkitdry

You poor little munchkin.  It must be a red-hot poker up your fundamental that Red Bull is paying out more to let Stoner go play with fast cars than Yamaha is prepared to pay the little yellow idol to play wingman to Lorenzo's Top Gun.

But then, life isn't fair, is it? If it were, you wouldn't have to wait for your mother to be chained up in her kennel for the night before getting your eleven tiny fingers on the computer. 

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

now he can multi task

Firstly like many others I respect Stoner immensely for his sheer riding talent and having the guts to quit rather than just ride round for the money. Having said that he does moan a lot which makes him hard to like as a person. He doesn't have the charisma of Rossi or the sadly missed Marco. Neither has he Edwards or Crutchlows wit. If I understand the v8 TV coverage correctly they can put a microphone on his helmet so he can moan WHILST actually in the middle of the race. That'll piss off a few of his countrymen lol

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

This is what makes me laugh

about cs and his fans. On the one hand he likes to act the tough guy with his no nonsense style (crass and pointless outbursts), and you guys applaud him for it. But then he gets upset because he isn't universally loved and adored the world over and even cites it as being one of the reasons he left Motogp. If you're gonna act like a c*nt, you have to be tough enough to take the slings and arrows and laugh about it. But making blunt comments and then crying about the perfectly normal reaction to it, makes both him and his fans look like complete fools.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Welcome, the other half of dumber and dumbest

Super, when it comes to making anybody look like a complete tool, we Stoner fans have so much to learn from you and your mate Milkytwat.  To paraphrase from one of your far more eminent countrymen, you both abuse a person's right to be a braindead cretin.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Soup, you fail to see the irony in what you say..

..Casey makes a public statement based on what he thinks. To some it may appear as though he's whinging, to other's he's making a perfectly valid point - this has been the nature and the course of things throughout his career. The fundamental point his detractors fail to recognise though, is for every statement he makes, the subsequent column space it takes up in vitriol is vastly outweighed by the original quote. In the eyes of the very people who dislike him and constantly write about him, the feeling is he should be gagged and silenced from ever commenting. And yet, it's fine for those same people to call him a c**t and scum. You're allowed to comment, in the strongest possible terms, but God forbid Stoner ever saying a word. The reason why the majority of his fans get up in arms, is because of this continual hypocrisy...

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

princeofrepsol

Wow you are a dick cannot belive you'd make a comment like that about Hillsborough!! You are what is known as a keyboard warrior because if you said that to my face (even though I'm a Spurs fan) I'd smash your fucking face in, but as you think you are safe hiding behind your keyboard you make these comments thinking your the big man but actually your a fucking worm, oh and Yoo-K not even funny or clever just shit really......

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Irony

There's no irony in super's comment. If you're going to comment in public you should expect a backlash. You can handle that a few ways, the Rossi way, laugh it off, the Edwards way, laugh it off and swear at them, or the Casey way, a full page interview telling everyone how he's never had any support, the world's against him, he's always right, motogp's dumbed down, I'm off to play in V8's.

There is however huge irony in the comment by our ugly little princess.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Everybody in..it's spitting!!

Dunno what the fuss is all about?

I mean..swapping bodily fluids is practically law in the outback for a lonely Boonieboy and his alarmed flock?

..and Casey would have had to spit on his missuses tuppence after drawing a cock on her tummy when she was just 14?

All the flooding in NSW at the moment is directly attributable to what is a national past time ffs..

Squeak..squeak..baaa-AAARGH!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices