Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner completes four-wheel switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner completes four-wheel switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Stoner completes four-wheel switch

Casey Stoner has ended months of speculation about his future by finally confirming he will race a V8 Supercar in Australia in 2013. The double MotoGP world champion, who retired after finishing third in a rain-hit Valencia race last November, will drive a Red Bull-backed Triple Eight Holden in the Dunlop Series, which is a feeder series to the main V8...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 09:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bert. Of course there's an irony..

We're all commenting in public, the only difference is the profile of the person making the comment. Stoner is as human as you, me and some other people on this site. He get's asked a question, he responds honestly - it's the viewpoint of the reader that turns him into a villain, not necessarily what he says. This bollocks about Rossi laughing things off is a complete farce - I'm sure Lorenzo wouldn't agree, not when there's a 6ft wall in the garage. Just imagine the flak Stoner would have had, had he requested that wall...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

spitting

If motogp is now entertainment rather than a sport, there is of course some precedent for prominent entertainers, even englishmen (petulant or otherwise)  taking exception to being spat open, paying customer though the spitter might be and well remunerated though the performer or performers may be, and expounding on this at somewhat greater length than stoner has thus far, cf Dave Gilmour desisting from touring and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogbert...

"You can handle that a few ways, the Rossi way, laugh it off,"

You missed the "F*ck, desperate, crying" interview at the end of 2011 then?... not much laughing there... quite the opposite...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/November/nov2211-new-mcn-november-23/

... were they spitting at him after that one?

... or the "Ducati taught me nothing" interview at the end of 2012?... distinct lack of laughter & joviality!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/rossi-ducati-taught-me-nothing/21874.html

... will you be in parc-ferme lobbing a gob at him for such a depressing summary?... & if you did do you seriously think he'd laugh it off?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Two short planks..

Nobody is turning what Stoner says and making him the villain..just saying he's a whining little contradictory prick. He's not smart enough to be a villain. His die-hard fans are the same and try to convince he's a good lad as if it reflects on them personally, which of course it does. Fkin numpties..

What is he saying exactly anyway?

That he won't drive a V8? That he wouldn't quit or go to Motegi?

He bleats he's fell out of love, slagging all and sundry as the door smacks his scrawny arse on the way out, yet wants to leave it open for a return?

He hates CRT and is only interested in prototypes jammed with computer controlled guided missile technology that limits rider input, but wants to ride two-strokes and turns off his electronics?

The kid is living proof that armadillo's fuck duck-billed platypus.

Casey is about as sharp as a 3lb lump hammer. Every time he goes to open his mouth he finds his foot there from last time.

Great entertainment value though..I'll give him that..hahaha

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Hedge

I'm lost. Thought we were talking about how people deal with public comment/crticism? All you've done it's put up a couple of articles in which Rossi laments his two year Ducati debacle.

As for the spitting, well I suspect if it happened to any of us, we wouldn't be waiting several months to bring it up in magazine interview. I suspect most would have at least taken a swing at the culprit, or even ran the fecker over.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Oh Wosi..

..didn't you know, fake people hate honesty. It’s the lies that keep them feeling good about themselves and their lives. Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke - you're just one big puff my friend..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

mmm..

..thanks for that prophetic little gem CHR, but how does it fit with Casey's contrary contradiction mentioned below?

Is it wosi's fault he can't keep his mouth shut and is so negative?

Attempting to divorce his personality and outlook from the way he goes about his professional business is naive and futile. You have your opinion, others make their own mind up..are all of them wrong?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogb...

Sorry... I thought they were at the end of 2 seasons of nothing but criticism. Basically they were both end of season moans that I found quite interesting.

The fact that you think that a backlash from this sort of moaning is to be expected & that this was in the form of spitting is a little disturbing... but Rossi would have laughed it off... with a face full of gob... for sure.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

majority opinions

There were quite  wide bodies of opinion once that the earth was flat, that the sun rotated around the earth, and that the ducati gp07 rode itself.

Doesn't mean that if stoner has taken a stand to leave a sport to get on with his life  it wouldn't be a good idea to get on with his life, but if he is going to continue in (semi) competitive motorsport he will continue to have press conferences and continue to be asked questions about motogp.

Alan Jones the F1 champion retired to sportscar and touring car racing in australia, continued to be asked about F1 and motorsport in general, and continued to give acerbic responses as was his wont, if with rather a better turn of phrase than stoner. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Is it wosi's fault he can't keep his mouth shut and is so negative?

It would appear not Wosi, but you really must try harder.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices