Skip to content

Discuss This Stoner completes four-wheel switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Stoner completes four-wheel switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Stoner completes four-wheel switch

Casey Stoner has ended months of speculation about his future by finally confirming he will race a V8 Supercar in Australia in 2013. The double MotoGP world champion, who retired after finishing third in a rain-hit Valencia race last November, will drive a Red Bull-backed Triple Eight Holden in the Dunlop Series, which is a feeder series to the main V8...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 09:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Oh right

You think Rossi was pissed off and fed up because of the criticism he got. I get it. Nothing to do with the two years of piss poor results, and lack of progress?

Can we clear up the spitting. Spitting is wrong, mmkay. If you spit on someone, that's bad, mmkay.

Right, backlash. You, a public figure, whether you want to be there or not, (and if don't why you talking to the press) are fair game for the paying public, especially if you do or say something that's controversial.

Of course there's a line, and spitting over that line is bad.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Of course there's a line, and spitting over that line is bad.

What about calling someone a c**t, or a prick or scum - is that crossing a line?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogb...

Cool... not something that could be laughed off... we agree wholeheartedly on that.

People who say things in public are open to people voicing their opinion on what they've said... these forums are a typical example... everyone is allowed an opinion but they deserve criticism where they're wrong... some people take to insults & vitriol when they don't like what they read... which is a real shame & they evidently have their equivalents at the circuits.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Well Rain

It's all about context. Take Wosi's post for example, it's clear "prick" is a term of endearment, with no maliciousness intended.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I appreciate the word is close to Wosi's heart..

and ass on occasion I would no doubt imagine, but what would you have thought had Stoner called his old mate Rossi a prick? Different ball game I would have thought...

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Casey said that to Rossi?

Next time I see him I'm gonna hawk up the biggest loogie I can muster and gob it right in that whinging aussie face of his. Call Rossi a prick! That's bang out of order.

Seriously though, might have been funny if he'd tried that. Better than the three way love in we were getting on the podium every weekend last year.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

What's stoner going to do when somebody cuts him up during qualifying?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Sport & rivalry.

'Endearment' may be pushing the boundaries of imagination for some here but, Bert is right to a large degree.

Sport is all the better for intense rivalries..Ali/Fazier, Borg/McEnroe, Rossi/ Biaggi, Gibernau, Lorenzo, Stoner.

Of course these rivalries will throw up strong emotions and yes..perhaps some choice language. We're all big boys mainly and have heard and been called worse in the real world.

Stoner has been a fantastic addition to the paddock and I'm sad he won't be competing next year. The lad was and still is a huge talent who has without doubt deserved his success and proved his mettle in the heat of battle..mostly.

The fact that he's an Aussie adds another layer of intensity and gives a Pom the opportunity to wind up a nation famous for it's whingeing bad losers who are great at dishing it out but, struggle when the tables are turned.

Sure..Rossi ain't a Brit, but we haven't had a rider in the same class as these two for over 30 years, so he'll have to do. 

Rivalries like this should be embraced by fans as the competitors go toe to toe..they are not everyday occurences after all.

It is a shame Casey seems to have ducked out, for whatever reason, at the height of his riding powers. He was fast..very, very fast.

But I'm pished his lack of mental fortitude and the fact his bollocks have barely dropped, have denied a spectacle that could have been up there with the very best this game has ever seen..sorry little cocksucker.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

R6...

As we've seen in F1, people dawdling on the racing line can have catastrophic results in car racing because there's less space for avoidance than in motorcycling (& therefore far more chance of conflict occuring... like it does regularly in F1 with acompanying fist waving & penalties)... but that said it's also a lot less likely that you'll come away with any serious injury than in MotoGP, therefore more likely to end in "you did cause an accident" type reaction than "you almost wrecked my weekend/season/life".

As it is it's V8 racing... a bit slower... more time to react but more momentum to retard... I suspect he'll just get on with it like all the others.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'm all for rivalry's..

..I'm a competitive little f**ker myself - just don't dig fools with big mouths and little imagination ( not directed at you Wosi! ) The banter is what keeps us coming back to these sites, it's just I find myself impulsively defending the verbally and physically downtrodden, just happens to be a famous motorcycle racer in this instance..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle