Skip to content

Ask an Expert Triumph street triple v Ducatti 848 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Triumph street triple v Ducatti 848

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

craig711

Jan 13

craig711 says:

Triumph street triple v Ducatti 848

My Wife wants to sell her hornet and  get a new bike but she does not want to ride anything above 700, so i said she could have my Daytona wich she accepted but this has left me with a dilemma. The only two bikes i would consider buying at the moment are the street triple and the 848 so guys help me out here and help me choose my new bike give me reasons why and why not for both bikes:shock::shock::shock: 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 13:04)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

conundrum

Nice one to be in...... personally I would go for the Ducati  (only one "T"  :winkie:)  They got soul. Though if you've never ridden a duke before, it may come as a bit of a shock....  persevere for a little while though, and it'll get right under your skin. My 900ss did........  :upset:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Why

not arrange a test ride on both and then decide.

Reply to this Topic
craig711

Jan 13

craig711 says:

I ORDERED THE ????????

848 Why you might ask it was a case of falling in love at first sight it was just sat there in my local Yamaha dealer i liked the colour not quite a brilliant white took it for a test ride got on with it although it is going to take some getting use to it is so different to the Daytona so went home got the hornet put that in part chop paperwork was done service put on it and now i pick it up this afternoon:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: not bad to say i went in to get some new gloves and found an 848

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Happy Days

enjoy and ride safe :smile

unit

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

That's

IMHO the best way to choose a bike, does not always work out but at least you can say "been there and done it".

Hope it all works out well for you both.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

Very nice  :biggrin:  

Hope you have lots of pleasant miles on it.

Reply to this Topic
craig711

Jan 13

craig711 says:

I thought the Daytona could move BUT

This 848 leaves it for dead when i picked it up this afternoon i took the longest root home i could find one which included a lot of straight road.

it fudgeing well shifts i love it and i have not got nowhere near the top end of it yet and i wont on the roads but track days that's different that is when i will find out what she can do and i cant wait for the first one i tell you one thing it wont be like the moto gp desmo at least it will go:lol:

i am sat here writing this with nothing but a :smile:smile:smile:smile:smile:smile on my face first impressions are once i get use to it me and my duke will get along fine   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices