Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden sorry at Filippo Preziosi exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden sorry at Filippo Preziosi exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden sorry at Filippo Preziosi exit

Nicky Hayden says he is sorry that technical guru Filippo Preziosi does not form part of Ducati’s future MotoGP plans. But the American also admitted that Ducati’s struggling Desmosedici project was not progressing at a fast enough rate after Preziosi became a high profile casualty of a pre-Christmas management shake-up instigated by new owners Audi. Preziosi had been the technical brains behind...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 13:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

It is a shame

that Preziosi had to go.I am sure he did everthing in his power to make things work.
Unfortunately the whole team were on the backfoot right from the start and never really had enough time for anything.
I do not believe Gobmeier will be any better than Preziosi but given a year or two they may eventually get somewhere.
Let's hope so.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Agreed buelligan. I also doubt that Preziosi was the root cause of Ducati's woes. There seems to be a lack of resource - they just don't seem to be able to develop at the same rate as the other teams. Something it seems to have been complained about by every rider that has ridden for them. Unfortunately Preziosi was the fall guy in this instance as regrettable as it is. New leadership, along with the Audi investment at least creates a clear divide between the Ducati 2009-2012 era and 2013 onwards once the shakeup has settled. Fingers crossed that this next era produces some competitive motorcycles.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Nicky don't be sorry

you will be with him next year

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

buelligan272 says

It is a shame

that Preziosi had to go.I am sure he did everthing in his power to make things work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This is the man that you've been slagging off for the past 2 seasons but loved for the previous seasons?

Tool. Absolute tool.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

DUCATI/ Preziosi

The main problem at Ducati, isn't Ducati, but the unfortunate or mismanaged situation that they created for themselves by signing Rossi, who is, and was, on the way out when he signed for Ducati. Hayden, is a brilliant rider, by anyones standards but, unfortunately, in Moto gp terms, not a winner. If Ducati had signes Lorenzo or given someone else an opportunity they wouldn't be where they are now, nowhere, with a chassis that is a step backwards from the CF that they were running and developing,and all down to Rossi, who has lost the plot! He's going to struggle big time on the M! as, it's not the bike that's the problem, but hum! Just wait and see! Ducati want to throw the aluminium in the bin and get back to the future, CF, before Rossi started meddling in something that, obviously, based on his results, zero!!!!!!!! he knows nothing about!! Iannone and Spies and Dovioso are going to show what the true potential of the Desmo is, not what Rossi was doing touring around and collecting a big pay check!! I can't wait to see the Desmo showing what it is really capable of, despite Rossa's efforts to destroy it and Preziozi´s future at the same time. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I know you are a massive Ducati fan Eddy998, but it's obvious the bike hasn't been competitive against the Japanese over a season since 2009 really - Stoner is a truly great rider, yet even he couldn't put a championship threat in for the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Granted he got a few wins - but was never really in contention for the championship and his wins were typically towards the end of the season - arguably when the other guys maybe weren't as hungry for it. There is a reason why Stoner went from being a championship also ran to a champion between one season and the next - he got a bike capable of winning it.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I also wanted to add - lots of people reckon that Rossi will be nowhere on the M1 - I really doubt it to be honest. I'm not sure he will be able to fight for a championship but I do reckon he'll be in the hunt for podiums on a regular basis. People seem to forget that he instantly lost around 1.5s a lap around Valencia overnight between his performance on the M1 to the desmo - something that persisted until the end. Point being - he's likely to gain a lot of that time back (though maybe not it all - time can be cruel) being on a machine he gets on with.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh No

his wins were typically towards the end of the season - arguably when the other guys maybe weren't as hungry for it.

Not his old wives tale again - you've been reading Wosi's stuff for too long.

The 2012 championship was over by the time the last race came around. Did Pedrosa and Lorenzo look as though they weren't interested in winning the race. 2011, Stoner had already wrapped up the title by PI. Did he look like he wasn't bothered when he took Spies on the last corner last lap, last race?

This kind of talk never happened in previous years, it's just another of old Wosi's feeble attempts at downplaying any credit Stoner is given for winning in 2009 and 2010, particularly the latter given someone else's performance on the same bike very shortly afterwards.

Preziosi should have been given this season at least to work alongside Gobmeier instead of being made scapegoat. It looks as though that's what is going to happen in principle anyway.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Do not misunderstand me Bultoboy - I actually really rate Stoner as a rider - I was not at all surprised that he cleaned up in 2011 - I even had him in my fantasy road race team that year from the start. Granted I could have chosen my words more carefully for some of the more sensitive amongst you - but it is fact that he did win more at the end of those two seasons and there are some riders, like Lorenzo who do tend to play it a little more safe (or so it seems from my sofa!) to be riding for championships towards the end of a season. I don't contest that he deserved the wins - if the other guys could have won, they would have - but at the same time, there must be a different mindset about how you approach a race if you have more to lose than your opponent - and people have always talked about riding for the championships long before I had ever even heard of Stoner - see Emilio Alzamora as a case in point. I will retract the 'arguably when the other guys maybe weren't as hungry for it' if it really offends you that much though!

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

And to get back on topic. My point was that in 2009-2010, the bike was letting Stoner down - he never really looked like he had a good chance at the championship as the bike seemed to be so inconsistent.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices