Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden sorry at Filippo Preziosi exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden sorry at Filippo Preziosi exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden sorry at Filippo Preziosi exit

Nicky Hayden says he is sorry that technical guru Filippo Preziosi does not form part of Ducati’s future MotoGP plans. But the American also admitted that Ducati’s struggling Desmosedici project was not progressing at a fast enough rate after Preziosi became a high profile casualty of a pre-Christmas management shake-up instigated by new owners Audi. Preziosi had been the technical brains behind...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 13:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

but at the same time, there must be a different mindset about how you approach a race if you have more to lose than your opponent -

I wouldn't disagree with you on that. I think in the latter half of this season, Lorenzo tried his hardest to beat Pedrosa but just fpund he couldn't, or, wouldn't try that extra bit to see if he could, lowing that he could afford to keep finishing second. It must have gnawed at him though, as they all want to win badly and he really went for it in Valencia. He's going to start this season knowing he only won one race in the latter half of the previous season

I think in 2009 Stoner and the bike were a combination that could have won more races had it not been for his illness which affected his perfoprmance in a few races before he had to take time out. 2010 though, he was up against the bike and the tyres.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi in 2013

I have absolutely no doubt that rossi will still be competitive with lorenzo, who is no doubt a fantastic rider, if they are given equal bikes.Yamaha are not necessarily known for always doing this, and despite them also being less talented than their team mates I don't think the same effort was ever  put into edwards' bike, or spies' bike last year.

The other issue is whether the yamahas will be competitive with the hrc bikes. I think honda were steaming about the late weight and tyre changes last year and expended more resources than usual. If they remain as motivated yamaha may not be able to keep up. 

I don't think anyone could win a title on either a 2010 or a 2011 ducati, as shown by the results of the 2 lead riders on those bikes, both of the highest quality. Ridden agressively,  it was possible to win on the 2010 bike but crashes/dnfs were inevitable, which allows no chance of a championship against a rider like jorge, or ridden closer to the probable real limits of the bike as rossi did with the 2011 bike it was both not fast enough and also prone to crashes with backmarkers anyway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

PC

Please get your facts right before slagging people off.Never once have I said anything about Preziosi or slagged him off in anyway.
If anyone's being a tool it is you.

Bulto I agree it would have been a good idea to keep him alongside Gob but in reality he is because as I am sure you know they will communicate all the time on the subject.

doohanfan another post that makes perfect sense without any bickering and nastyness.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The directors of Audi are not mugs they are astute businessmen and would have researched Ducati to the finest detail before committing their name and their money to the project. So the Prezioso removal would have been a carefully considered move not a knee-jerk reaction.   Audi were extremely keen to retain Rossi and offered a large amount of cash to keep him  why - if as others are saying Rossi is now no more that a mid-pack grid-filler ?  Seems more like Audi recognised that Preziosi as the technical guru had not been able to provide  Rossi with a winning machine in 2 years and had to go.  We have to remember that riders considered to be development riders or otherwise only give their opinions on where the machine is lacking - some have a better feel than others - however they are not engineers and do not fix anything - they merely provide information on machine behaviour to those whose expertise should be able to provide the fixes.    Nicky is sad at his departure as a friend would be - doesn't mean he was a technical genius though.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

presiozi

Saturn, I think you are underestimating how hard it is to beat the honda and yamaha factories with the current technical nature of the sport. If you leave out him not providing valentino with a competitive bike which is definitely the case (valentino has to take some responsibility for underestimating the difficulty of the task in my view), designing a bike which wins a championship and a fairly large number of races for an outfit as small as ducati corse is still a great achievement. Cagiva were pretty chuffed with winning one race, and they had a great and legendary rider in eddie lawson riding for them, in an era when the wages bill was for spanner men rather than IT technicians.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Prezza

I bet Hayden is sorry to see him go, he was making real progress

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

Ducati has 2 problems: Honda and Yamaha.

Ducati and Preziosi caught them by surprise in 07. From then on it was game over. Stoner was able to compensate and Rossi could not. Preziosi was not the problem, he just needed more help. In fact, Ducati R&D needs all the help they can get to catch and maintain the same pace of advancement as the Japs.

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

Clones

I think it's a shame that Ducati's achievement in 2007 is so readily overlooked.

The small factory caught the world's biggest motorcycling resources on the hop and secured the world championship with a rider in his second season. Why is that derided-so?

They went their own way and were rewarded for their courage as well as their technical ability.

It's a great shame that, under the Rossi 'regime', they have tried to clone the Japanese bikes and find themselves behind. Their identity and innovation has been marginalised.

Reply to this Topic
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

Hayden Your Not World Class

Ducatis problem is that even with a world class rider (Rossi) the bike wasn't good enough. Hayden is employed by Ducati for purely marketing properties. Biggest bike market America... Dovi is class but I can't see the Duke getting close to the Japs. Why has Rossi run back to Yamaha so quickly? Answer because they'll provide him with a bike that will win....

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Not exactly patsfalco, the very tight restrictions and spec tyres dictate what will work the truth is after being overly conservative in2007 the japs haven't put a foot wrong since. The more time passes 2007 looks more and more like a fluke of circumstance . Not just Rossi and eventually stoner failed on the duke( relative to the japs of course, both were top factory Ducati riders) but every single other rider to get on a duke since 2007 has done better on another brand, plenty on bikes of a lesser spec,ie, not full factory(mm on a half baked Kwaka looked twice the rider.simply to much evidence to suggest anything but the obvious .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices