Skip to content

Discuss This Bike holidays in jeopardy after adventure firm ceases trading General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike holidays in jeopardy after adventure firm ceases trading

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bike holidays in jeopardy after adventure firm ceases trading

A motorcycle adventure firm has ceased trading days before customers were due to begin a two-week tour in Cambodia. Riders booked on the £3495 holiday were expecting to travel to Cambodia this Sunday. They were still waiting for flight details from Global Enduro when the firm ceased trading today. Global Enduro operates 15 off-road motorcycle tours a year to destinations...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 January 2013 17:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

DIY

Travelled the world on bikes, India, Nepal, SE Asia, Africa, USA... and never once used the services of a tour company. Save yourself a fortune and have a much more memorable experience! Was travelling the world on bikes long before Boorman too, just never get it when I see his programmes or attempt to read his books. My humble advice is: Do your research, pack your bags, and GO!

Reply to this Topic
davidhctravel

Jan 13

Farewell Global Enduro

Sadly, this was bound to happen to someone in such a long period of recession and I fear they won't be the last to go under. At least Global Enduro was a UK company and ATOL bonded and customers will get their money back, a clear lesson for everyone. And as well as for the disappointed customers, please spare a thought for everyone that worked with or for Global Enduro, now without work.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

Well!

I never had a group holiday as I do find prices exorbitant and unrealistic for what it is! I would love to go as part of a motorcycle group to let's say South of France but the price thses companies charge is a big let down, work cheaper to go solo! not to mention when they go bust!

Reply to this Topic
bantam67

Apr 04

bantam67 says:

Not Good News

Regardless of your opinion of 'guided adventures', this is not good news. Global Enduro did charity work in the regions that they travelled to and were not in it for the money like other similar companies. I remember when they started out and the emphasis was on raising money and having fun while you are at it. When you compare their prices to other companies and then think of what you and the charities are getting out of it, you would be amazed at how competitive their prices were. I haven't been on a tour with them or any other company as I have only travelled within Europe, but for someone who only has an finite amount of time and has the money to do it, who wouldn't want to join a tour where all of the visas, rest stops and carnets are sorted out by someone else: just turn up and let the adventure begin. I, for one, will miss Global Enduro as I would have liked to join them on one of their trips... one day...

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I have to agree with 69fastback. Its much more of an adventure to organise your own trip as long as you do the proper planning before you go. I've only done Europe but wherever I've gone if you prepare it, you should have a great time instead of having someone hold your hand for you all the way. I've looked at guided tour prices around Europe and nearly had a nose bleed looking at the prices, especially if you man-up and camp (sorry if that sounds sexist) coz you can then do it even cheaper and theres no problems getting a pitch. I've never had a guide, in fact its usually me doing the guiding with my mates, hence the nick-name. Let just hope for some dry sunny riding weather this year coz thats one thing you can't organise.

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Could have been worse

What about anyone who put a deposit on a new Norton and paid for this holiday . Could be a double whammy.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

DIY Too Dangerous

“Travelled the world on bikes, India, Nepal, SE Asia, Africa, USA...”

I would avoid the last country as too dangerous

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Odd isn't it............

...................the government sinks billions of OUR money into propping up their chums in the city to keep them in their seven figiure salaries but the rest of us have to suffer when a firm goes bust.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Piglet2010

Yep, would go along with the safety issue, but would still ride the States again! Done the States three times now: Shot at near the rail sidings in DC, held up in a (Birmingham, Alabama) greyhound bus station toilet, attempted mugging in (pre Katrina) New Orleans...but that's the risk you take. Some of my situations could have easily been avoided. The USA is a great place to travel as a biker!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cymrowelshman

Jan 13

GLOBAL THIEVING ENDURO

I have done two trips with Global Enduro as well as many solo trips, last one was 6 weeks around Oz.

Global Enduro cashed £1000 from me on Dec 22....the day AFTER they defaulted on their last chance to pay charities who had been UNPAID SINCE 2010

They say my costs of £5000 are not covered by ATOL because they did not include flights.

They have known for at least 12 months that they had not been paying charities the money due and STILL TOOK MONEY FROM INNOCENT CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices