Skip to content

General So no UK troops for Mali ?? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > So no UK troops for Mali ??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

So no UK troops for Mali ??

Did anyone really believe that ? so how many of the 200 (first 200) will go knowing that they'll be made redundant soon ? The government is going to debate sending them, a precursor to sending them I think.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/britain-to-debate-trainers-for-mali

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 10:55)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

PM et al

cameron is fighting he will never win..as for clegg..he has seriously fked up my uni plans as the fees affect the Open University too.cheers for that andn for my children's education in the future, oh and please get rid of Gove...

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Time was

it was Labour who fucked over the armed forces and the tories backed them. Now it seems all parties don't support our troops as they should more like use them then fuck them off onto the scrap heap, anyone fancy a trip to Afghanistan's front line unsure if you'll have a job afterwards ? all I'd say to any of our troops going in the near future is "look out for one another guys cos Cameron Clegg and Co will not" --- soldiers do look out for one another anyway it's  called --- 'esprit de corps'--- something Cameron will never have the priviledge or honour of having.

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

off subject I know but

I still find this one funny

Was on one of the white busses going to Lyneham to get a Hercy bird for some far flung op, I think we were due to be away about 8 weeks. one of the pads on the bus next to me says "my wife is going to be so pissed off tonight".

"oh why's that then"?

"Didn't fancy another barny so didn't tell her we were off on this jaunt today, so fist she'll know is me not coming home this evening"

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

troops

I agree, Like myself and others who have served (and those still serving) must realise to the govt its just numbers.  I have served with few great officers tbh.  Most are all up themselves with a silver spoon etc..

My mate went from Bordon into Sandhurst and good on him...he passed and i met him in Germany as I was leaving for good..They have no idea what they are getting  into by going to Mali...watch this space..2 planes,.....now 240 troops.....next week..?

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Beaconsman:

The OU has had its fees stacked up too?   That really sucks big time, sorry about that.   It's absolutely rotten too - it defeats the very purpose the OU was devised for.   Damn.  :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

ok...

my 2penneths worth..... to decide how many/when we deploy troops to Mali... we (thats the government WE) need to decide and assess not what we can do to help the people of Mali....

but what natural valuable assets it has that we want........ ie, oil, gas, minerals......

none of our recent conflicts have really been about 'freeing the oppressed' or overthrowing dictators... its all about oil, opium, and wealth...

if a country has nothing to offer us "we" (govt we) dont give a sh1t bout the people!!!!

so guys n gals.. whats Mali got hidden away that is of benefit to us??

(maybe im just too cynical?!?!)  :blink:

btw.. i totally 110% support our armed forces and dont think they are given the respect or dignity they deserve... however i dont support sending them to un-winnable, injust wars.......  just my opinion!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Give our armed forces

The Tools and credit they deserve, not redundancy notices. £32 billion would do it! IMO.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

ou mali

mostly, re OU if you are new then its 5 grand a year for 120 credits...so 3 years 360 cr and Hons degree or 300 without.  on engineering they changed it form no compulsory courses at level to 3 at level 1 so now i have to do more stupid level 1 modules to progress to level 2..as i cant get the 360 cr by dec 2017, (unless a miracle happens) then i will pay the last year on full whack..so 120 credits = 5 grand divided by 3..to put into perpective, under transtional fees, which is what most of existing students are on, its roughly £1400 a year..for 120 credits.  cheap degree if u can get it done by 2017..problem with engineering is they aask for this and that so you plan, then they change it..so you have to follow the course modules..it sucks.

Mali..dunno whats gonna happen..can see summat over the horizon though..

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

I remember that aresehole

John Reid, former defence secretary when that last lot of idiots were in power (as opposed to this lot of idiots), saying he'd be surprised if a single shot was fired at or by our lads and lasses in Afghanistan, when he sent them there. How many boys and girls have been maimed or lost their lives since? Hundreds killed and more maimed.:mad::mad:

You can tell when a politician is lying. It's lips move. Wankers.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

John Reid

Yeah, I remember well his saying that this conflict might well be resolved "without a single shot being fired".   Not sure if he's a completely incompetent fool, or if that was a way of deflecting criticism, so that "facts on the ground" (i.e. soldiers already there) would be in place by the time everyone realised what was really going on.

But remember why British soldiers are actually there - in Afghanistan.  They were there to die and be injured, period.   So we can then tell the Yanks that we've got skin in the game too, our special relationship still holds... grovel... grovel.

And the Yanks want British soldiers dying there so they can say to their own people, "Hey - we're not the only ones there, see - our friends the Brits are taking casualties too!"

Hope everyone realises that this business in Mali is only coming about because we deposed Colonel Gaddafi, who used to keep order in the entire region.    He would never have allowed Muslim extremists to take over small areas, and widen their influence.  Same with Saddam Hussein - while in power, no extremist dared raise their religious viewpoints on how others should live.

We're pretty good at stomping around the world, creating  Islamic states in the process, don't you think? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle