Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN Jan 30: World first BMW R1200GS test General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN Jan 30: World first BMW R1200GS test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN Jan 30: World first BMW R1200GS test

In this week's MCN, out January 30, we have a world-first test of BMW's update to their best-in-class R1200GS. We test sub-47bhp bikes ideal for new riders, and we ride the ultimate Zed special with Guy Martin Also this week: A free pull-out on Honda's new RCV213 MotoGP contender In sport: How it's now or never for Pedrosa, Spies on why he nearly quit,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 12:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Kevin Ash/Gs?

Wow MCN thats low. A giant picture of the new GS that Kevin Ash was killed on and a small picture of him. The other way round perhaps for your best writer?

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Not "low"

just not well thought out.

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Ok "not well thought out", low was probably the wrong word. Does anyone know what happened to Kevin yet? I know it wont bring him back but to know how we lost him would help. RIP Kevin, you were a fine ambassador for Motorcycling.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

britri sir, if you need to now then someone will tell you, if we don't need to know then that is how it is. i'm going to but my MCN on wednesday then walk over to the pub and buy a pint of beer and a roll on something, I know i'm going to shed a tear when i'm reading my MCN, although i never met Kevin he most definitely touch me with his words.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Difficut to report ?

Fomancusays

Not "low" just not well thought out.29 January 2013
i don't know how you or we expect some thing like this to be reported as there is no correct or incorrect way

be it a mechanical failure or rider error or misjudgement or 3rd party actions its very sad as he did promote bikes to the wider public , i suppose we will discover the cause but for now my thoughts are with his family

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sort your priorities MCN!

Have to say I was suprised how far down this page I had to scroll before I saw any mention of Kevin. I'm sure another BMW rehash, a foul mouthed racer and a few learner bikes could have taken a back seat to a guy who was well respected by everyone in the world of motorcycling.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Foul Mouthed?

I take the word of others that Guy Martin is foul mouthed, since I can barely understand a word he says.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

I was surprised...

at how far Kevin was down the page:( 

I am sure it wasn't intentional but, surely he deserved better, with perhaps the bike that he was killed on in next weeks MCN, and not this one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I find Guy Martin quite entertaining in the adult sense but in this weeks MCN we have  'I think its f*****g great' , 'I was doing 120-130 on the way to work this morning' and 'the exhaust is the b****cks'. I'm not prudish but I don't think this guy (pardon the pun) is a good roll model for young potential bikers reading this. MCN is going to need a '15' classification like cinema films if this carries on, or put it on the top shelf in the newsagents next to Razzle!

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

Rear Tyre

What I love about the new GS apart from a wet clutch, 30% water cooled, new gear-box is the "BIG FAT REAR TYRE" !!!

RIP Kevin Ash

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices