Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN Jan 30: World first BMW R1200GS test General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN Jan 30: World first BMW R1200GS test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN Jan 30: World first BMW R1200GS test

In this week's MCN, out January 30, we have a world-first test of BMW's update to their best-in-class R1200GS. We test sub-47bhp bikes ideal for new riders, and we ride the ultimate Zed special with Guy Martin Also this week: A free pull-out on Honda's new RCV213 MotoGP contender In sport: How it's now or never for Pedrosa, Spies on why he nearly quit,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 12:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@SATNAV

If you dislike the GS so much why read about it mate? I take it you own the 1050 Tiger, How can you compare that to 1200GS? I love the Triumph as a brand by the way. Ride Safe

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Boxer12!

Why not read about it? I read about all makes of bikes. Doesn't mean I like them, I'm just interested in what they have to offer. And no, I have the Tiger 800. Love it! Does everything I want to do which is lots of miles in comfort with practicality. I wouldn't say I dislike the GS, it just does nothing for me but I respect the fact that thousands do like it. But the aforementioned reliability doubts, the massive extra cost for no gain (for me at least)  and the style and engine layout means its not for me. But I'm sure BMW won't lose sleep over the lack of my purchase. They will lose sleep over the loss of sales now that all the other manufacturers have woken up to the demand for this sort of bike with competition coming from Triumph, Aprilia, Kawasaki, KTM, Honda etc. Only a comparison test in the near future will tell us if they have done enough, but I think the damage is done and people are already turning to other makes for this style of bike simply because they are different.

Reply to this Topic
blackandwhite65

Feb 13

Lack of Integrity - GS/Kevin Ash

I was quite disappointed to see the article about the GS launch have no mention of Kevin Ash, and the Kevin Ash tribute talk about him dying "on a bike launch", with no mention of it being the GS launch which is featured on the cover of this weeks issue plus lots of pages. Perhaps they feel that if they link the two things they will sell less copies? You have gone way down in my estimations with this poor approach

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle