Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

Valentino Rossi was unable to master Ducati’s fearsome Desmosedici machine because the bike behaved in a way that was totally alien to the riding style the nine-times world champion honed for almost two decades MotoGP paddock. That’s the view of new Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who has been charged with spearheading Ducati’s recovery after the Bologna factory endured a miserable lack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

oh and mr gobnobber any chance of sticking a set of pannigale fairings on it the bike has to be the ugliest gp bike of all time maybe mcn could do a vote on that one to? 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

Not keen on the tit for tat stuff really but if you had taken a of load of crap from another rider and his spanner man, accusing you and your team of being lazy and unable to set a bike up correctly and how they'd iron out the problems - before they'd even worked on it - then you would definitely take some satisfaction in giving them the odd helping hand on their rather rapid return to earth. You can't really say they were magnanimous in the way they behaved, can you?

The talent comment simply took the wind right out of Rossi's sail. He'd waltzed into the Honda garage looking to pull one of his good guy bad guy PR stunts with TV crew in attendance. That comment threw him totally and he skulked away. Not sure how you see it as damaging? As damaging as Rossi calling all the current riders pussies whilst failing to get to grips with a bike needing a certain amount of aggression to ride it successfully?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bluehaze

when they reeled out the carbon fibre frame in 08,in the second half of the season stoner fell off nearly as much as Rossi did in 2011

Not again - will it ever sink in that he didn't use the CF frame in 2008

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

What total crap - Rossi has adapted and won on lots of different bikes. Your clutching at straws here..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

granted the Rossi/Burgess remarks were inappropriate and the subsequent un-taming of the shrew  came back to bite them on the bum. However I still think that a dignified silence from CS would have given him much more respect from fans.   It seems to bother him that the respect was not forthcoming. I've said it before he only has himselt to blame. Rossi has the uncanny knack of being able to say outrageous things without incurring much of a back-lash.  It's called the 'likeability factor'. I know you racing die-hards who consider personality unimportant wont go for that but believe me it makes a difference.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ninofuantes

Here we go again.

So rossi's record on other bikes means he actually won races on the ducati, and stoner didn't?

I agree with what gobmeier said, particularly since it is almost exactly what I have said on here for months and elsewhere for years, and what rossi himself has said. I also agree with those who question why gobmeier felt the need to say it though, with valentino now a yamaha rider again, and he not much more than 80 seconds into his job at ducati.

Again from you the doublethink about how stoner deserves no credit for winning races let alone a championship for ducati, again with attribution of his success to massive advantages despite all evidence to the contrary. Sure he wouldn't have won in 2007 without a straight line advantage, because then as now the thing handled like a pig, quite likely significantly related to the configuration/geometry and power delivery of the engine.  Marco melandri, whilst obviously not up to rossi's standard but still capable of 5 race wins and a second in the championship for honda, got on that magnificent trellis frame bridgestone tyred etc etc 2007 ducati with its huge advantages, couldn't get within 2 seconds of stoner and almost immediately went into a deep decline. Loris capirossi, a multiple race winner in strong contention for the  title before being injured in 2006 was 7th on the gp07.And a bike with a much more pronounced straight line advantage, the aprilia cube, won exactly 0 races in 2003.

Surely someone as great as Valentino not being able to ride the thing makes stoner's results more creditable rather than less so. I don't see it as a knock on rossi or reflective of the relativity of the riders on proper bikes either, imo you shouldn't have to ride a racebike the way the ducati had to be ridden, and having to be absolutely focused and on the ragged edge all the time took its toll on stoner himself.  I can't imagine  any recent spanish riders who have competed in the premier class prospering on the thing, certainly not pedrosa and probably not lorenzo, a smooth cornerspeed type rider, good though he is. Perhaps marquez is someone who could also have balanced the thing on the ragged edge, but we should perhaps see how he goes in an actual premier class race before drawing too many conclusions about him.      

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pedro could ride the Duke

He rides dynamically. Lorenzo in current guise would possibly struggle, as he's another like Rossi (pre 2011) not tested on a difficult machine and one who flows with the machine as opposed to dominating it as required with the D16 and RCV.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Racingfan99... ?

"The bike changed massively even between 07 and 10; and if the bike did improve then why did Casey win less and less races on it and no other championship on it?"

Erm... because the other bikes improved more than Ducati did... or did you expect Yamaha & Honda to stand still?

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

... & to add to that Bulto...

Bluehaze - "when they reeled out the carbon fibre frame in 08,in the second half of the season stoner fell off nearly as much as Rossi did in 2011"

... he didn't actually have a single DNF in that 1st year on the CF (being 2009 of course)... ?

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fanboys & pretty maids..all in a row.

Nostro, doohanfan, bulto & hedgey...stamping their tiny little feet in a far away Orange munchkinland of make believe.

fkin rentboys.

Pedro could ride it, squaks Nobstroke..yeah righto. Titleless in 7 long years on the best bike. He'd have been out of a job if Stoner hadn't disapperaed in a girly huff. Nakamoto said he'd struggled most with the late weight increase last year because of his pimply biceps and effeninate, fragile physique. Can anyone other than MCN worst gambler Nobstruckdumbarse, honestly see him bossing that Ducati? His tiny body unable to withstand the constant crashes. Why did he turn Ducati down when it looked like he'd be out on his ear?

do-onefan and his long-winded prose saying nothing as usual, other than I told you so and trying to convince 2007, Stoner had no advantage at all? Shares in Kleenex would be a good investment.

Bultoyboy is fast turning into the most obsessive Rossi hater on MCN..Not damaging? Most remember Jerez for the way Stoner went backwrds, brake-checked Rossi, forgot to keep his clutch pulled in, blamed the marshalls, stood on the inside of turn 1 waving his arms crying every time his nemesis  went by laughing in his lid and almost got lynched. An utterly pathetic display of immaturity all round and a typical illustration of why most fans believe Casey is a knob.

..last and always least, Hedgey the dullard..No mates, humourless and looking to impress his weightier Orange chums by rimming their arses..Oohh Oooh I'll add to that and help you out Bulto..will you be my friend?

haha..what a sorry bunch of pre-pubescent pussies you are.

PS..Great minds think alike ElDiablo :winkie::laugh::tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices