Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

Valentino Rossi was unable to master Ducati’s fearsome Desmosedici machine because the bike behaved in a way that was totally alien to the riding style the nine-times world champion honed for almost two decades MotoGP paddock. That’s the view of new Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who has been charged with spearheading Ducati’s recovery after the Bologna factory endured a miserable lack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

To Hedgy

My points and question was to Hr Gob to explain (I know he won't reply on here). You and I both know the answer; just wanted to hear his response.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Blancmange and Bile

Blancmange from Gobby and the usual Bile from the masses.

Ducati hit the sweet spot with bike, tyres and rider in 2007 (and also the last race of 2006), but thereafter over the next three seasons managed to lose the magic in all three.  "Not to worry", they said.  "We'll just spend a motza on the best rider that ever was and Jim (JB and him) will fix it!"

I don't know where they got the idea that Valentino was a development genius (maybe from all the geniuses on here) but the reality was that in this instance his ambition outweighed his talent.

When Rossi starts getting podiums on the sorted Yamaha there will be the usual muppets on here trying to erase the last two years from MotoGP history.  I suppose if people can deny the holocaust and climate change then a couple of seasons of racing is a doddle, but the real MotoGP fans appreciate that the world is complex and blind hero worshipping is for the bogans/chavs of society.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aah yes..

..and MCN's resident back-flipping drug addict Smackhead.

Notice the sly and underhand..When Rossi starts getting podiums..type comment sneaking in from the lightweights.

A bit different from a few months ago while predicting failure for the washed up old mid-packer isn't it?

Watch out for fucko's like those mentioned below changing their tune as they realise we all see 'em for the bitter and twisted mugs they are. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hedgehog

''Erm... because the other bikes improved more than Ducati did... or did you expect Yamaha & Honda to stand still?''

Thank you for that !   It explains perfectly why Rossi and Burgess were unable to succeed with the Desmo.

Well done!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Along with..They didn't change too much from 2007 to 2012. The bike got better ..but Stoners results got worse.

Any theories from munchkin land..? Nah.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

great minds

We have done this dance before wosi. No arguments so ad hominem is your only resort, as you seem to  be insufficiently familiar with logical debate to even employ more than a couple of the common logical fallacies, perforce sticking to the couple you know. I wax prolix in debate (such as it is) with you given your tendency to change the ground as you proceed. 

Very obviously the 2007 ducati was better relative to the other bikes than in later years, which does not have as a logical corollary that it was easy to win a motogp championship on it or that anyone else in the field other than stoner could have done so.

PS I am philosophically opposed to argumentum ad hominem myself , but I will directly quote from your post  and if some see irony in your statement so be it

"great minds think alike el diablo".

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Mate..

..it was more like a shit-kicking over your badly judged, to forever be avoided Postremo, 2009 Qatar parallel.

You keep waxing your prolink and slip-sliding around while looking a tit, there's a good lad.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

questions el diablo

If you think your questions are bullshit questions , I won't be impolite and disagree, and there seemed to be rather more than one of them once you got going.

I have a few of my own, bullshit or otherwise, and even some answers. When did questioning the legitimacy of championships rather than giving credit for the winning of them ab initio become an issue?  In my several decades of following the sport, not before 2006. Why is not winning a championship on a ducati cause for remark but winning one for that marque easily dismissed, given that only one has been won on a ducati against 16 odd on yamahas and 15 odd on hondas? Why has dani pedrosa in 6 years on an hrc bike including 2011 and 2012 not won a championship? And seeing you seem preoccupied by questions of petty nationalism, how many premier class championships have been won by spanish riders again?

PS And yes, winning 7 championships is better than 2, as it is better than 3, 4, 5 or 6 championships, but even 1 or 2 championships are not negligible, and I certainly  consider alex criville's one championship and jorge lorenzo's 2 championships, particularly given how the latter  rode to win his championships and  the standard of opposition he faced, to be far from negligible myself.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Ducs disease

Yes, Wosi, the Duc certainly did get worse by comparison to the Yams and Hondas; in fact, that rate was accelerating, and at no time moreso that Valencia 2010, when the very exact same Duc lost 2 secs a lap overnight! It went from a second in the race on Sunday to slower than a river barge overnight!  From second to slowest bike on the track one day later.

Whatever happened, it was pretty damn drastic. You'd have thought a development genius of Rossi's calibre would have been able to simply walk up to it and see that Stoner had taken two seconds away with him instantly, and fix it with his Swiss Army knife and some duct tape, but hey, shit happens.  Of course, from thereon it was all downhill for Rossi on the Duc (except L.S. 2012, when he didn't quite get as far as the downhill bit before falling off, again and as usual).

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

qatar 2009

yes wosi
My argument that conditions in night races could change was completely overthrown because I didn't know (never knew actually) till what time the following day the 2009 qatar race was postponed, while you overlooking that the 2009  race as originally scheduled  was washed out by a desert storm when you made your absurd contention that track conditions couldn't change with night races, didn't detract from your argument at all. And yes, having been told by everyone including me that many things could affect times at the same track in different years, you then demolished me when I said that if you wished to consider rossi's 2011 fastest lap in isolation then stoner's 2009 time was faster anyway by recounting that the circumstances of the races were different.

I nearly wrote to the University of Sydney to request that they take back my degree, given the embarassment of being so bested. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices