Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

Valentino Rossi was unable to master Ducati’s fearsome Desmosedici machine because the bike behaved in a way that was totally alien to the riding style the nine-times world champion honed for almost two decades MotoGP paddock. That’s the view of new Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who has been charged with spearheading Ducati’s recovery after the Bologna factory endured a miserable lack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Seventh Wosi

he was seventh in the race 16 seconds down on Stoner. One of his best Ducati performance in terms of distance from the front. Perhaps he should've stayed on the Pramac eh and saved Ducati a skip full of wasted bits.  

By the sandal wearer of Galilee you're a tragic figure.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I think we are argued out wosi

Yes, I acknowledge stoner crashed at qatar 2010 and rossi didn't at qatar 2011. I don't really see what your argument is otherwise.

I have taken little or no issue with criticism of stoner's character, other than to sometimes point out that his perceived sins are not unique. You and anyone else are obviously free to dislike him as you wish, what I take issue with and argue against is the continual attribution of his  achievements to bike advantages on evidence which is flimsy imo if not in yours and when such bike advantages are not looked for in relation to others, these things perhaps being rather formative in his attitudes in any case.

It is very late here, too late to get into further logical fallacies,  but you hating him or even a majority of fans of other riders hating him  doesn't necessarily translate into people who actually know him hating him, including other riders.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Weskit..

If you are gonna start spouting stats..at least do us the courtesy of quoting them correctly ffs.

There is nothing..and I mean NOTHING worse than a fanboy who makes his own results up to try and look smart.

Lorenzo: 1.209 - Dovi: 0.596 - Hayden..1.673

2009 was Haydens debut and we know what a torrid time he had to start..he was 2.4 behind Stoner 2009 but only 0.6 in 2010.

Casey Stoner on tyres: August 2011.

SR: Has the Bridgestone tire allotment change (the FIM increased the number of front and rear tires available to each rider during a weekend) made a difference?

Stoner: No, honestly, I think since 2008 which is the last year before the single tire regulation, in my opinion they’ve gotten worse in quality. We’ve had base rubber and different things with the tires, we’ve struggled a lot more with them since then and year by year, maybe the speed and things are there but to get them warmed up, conditions need to be perfect. We haven’t really broken many lap records this year and the year before. You know there’s been advancements but as a modern tire I think they’ve gone backwards and made things a lot more difficult for us, and in a lot of instances, a lot more unsafe.

http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1112_motogp_world_champion_casey_stoner_interview_from_the_sort_of_archives/viewall.html

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2009/QAT/MotoGP/RAC/FastLapRider.pdf?v1_96143780

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2010/QAT/MotoGP/RAC/FastLapRider.pdf?v2_acc3d203

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2011/QAT/MotoGP/RAC/FastLapRider.pdf?v3_083e6ff0

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

average laptimes wosi

You'd think someone with such a strong grasp of the stats would have noticed that. And notice Stoner is talking about the difficulty getting them warmed up, not about their speeds.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hahaha..you spineless rentboy. Not man enough to admit you fked up are ya?

Not only are you a backward child when it comes to doing your sums, you can't read either..

Typical of the #27er plankton I've just been talking about.

NEXT..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

This has to be your best line yet Wosi

There is nothing..and I mean NOTHING worse than a fanboy who makes his own results up to try and look smart.

And this from the king of the comedy 'statistic'. Fuggin' clown.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

averages require division too

but maybe you didn't make it that far in arithmetic ...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Thats entertainment

I just enjoyed a 2 hour rerun of Sepang 2008. Felt it was appropriate in terms of Dovi and Sepang 1 looming. Rossi stalked Pedrosa and racked up another win. Dovi in his first season on a GP bike,Scott Honda, was too much dog for Nick on the Repsol edition. Who knows ? Here's hoping. Pretty adaptable rider eh? Are you listening Bernd ? 250 Twin 2 stroke Honda to 800 V4 4stroke Honda. Tell me again about smooth transition and Ducati. 

Oh yeah. The tyre war raged on back then. Great stuff.

Wosi. Exactly what are you rabbiting on about ?  I'm pleased 2013 is about to kick off which leaves me in a quandry actually. Who the hell should I root for. After much consideration,I've decided to shout for Marquez,Bradl,Dovi,Spies, and would you believe...Smith,the gingerbread man. Why ?

Actually sick and tired of the old guard ruling Dorna's decision roost. George would have had my backing for sure had he done the right thing and opted for the10 kg baggage that comes with the #1 plate.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Clarity

George has apparently decided to run the #99 again this season. I always did and still do firmly believe that if you are world champion,#1 plates hould be obligatory. Likewise,No's 2 and 3. The FIM should enforce this. There are a lot of outsiders and newcommers that cannot fathom on any Sunday why the bloke who came 99th or 46th has such a fuss made about him. Cyclists and yellow jerseys.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're average times are still a mile off Weskit.

Sloppy Pal, very sloppy. You been attending the Nostro school of forum posting lately?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices