Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

Valentino Rossi was unable to master Ducati’s fearsome Desmosedici machine because the bike behaved in a way that was totally alien to the riding style the nine-times world champion honed for almost two decades MotoGP paddock. That’s the view of new Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who has been charged with spearheading Ducati’s recovery after the Bologna factory endured a miserable lack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Not trying hard enough

Ah, me little bucko Wosi, one has to admire you. You have indeed the hide of a rhinocerous, 'tis pity you also have only the intelligence.

Poor old Rossi's leg and shoulder were good enough on the Sunday to get third in the race, only about 4 secs. behind Stoner, despite the fact that the Yamaha was the faster bike.. Gosh golly gee, he even had a faster fastest lap than Stoner!  Ok, he couldn't catch Lorenzo on the same bike, but I do believe Yamaha took out the manufacturer's prize that year (as every year in the 800's except when Stoner blitzed the field, dragging his team to the fore).

Yet next day the poor old guy is a physical wreck, eh?  Yep, I can see that.  Fair enough, it takes the youth and impertinence of a Stoner to ride with his foot hanging off the end of his leg by the skin as at Indianapolis last year and still lap competitively.  I've been unfair to Rossi, I can see that. Let's hope he doesn't get a career-ending verucca or a life-sapping zit this year, it would just be too cruel of fate.

And for your sake, let's hope that what you do far too much of can be mitigated by the large-print edition of MCN, lest we be denied the humour of your contributions.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Oh, and wtr Stoner's rookie year

Absolutely right, he didn't shine.  Hell, even Rossi scored 20 more points in his first year on the Ducati than Stoner in his rookie year in motoGp.  That's more than one point per race advantage to Rossi! - crushing.

Let's not remember that Rossi was riding a factory bike with a team that had won more premier-class GP's than you've had social intercourse with the female gender, on the same tyres that everybody else had to use, while Stoner had a hand-me-down Honda, dumpster tyres and a team that had never run in motoGp before - that's just irrelevant detail. 

Lets not even go there to discuss the fact that Rossi's best year on Ducati, he was still nearly 60 points less than Stoner's worst year on factory bikes in motoGP - 2009, the year he started in only 13 races. And let's not go anywhere near the fact that Stoner won more races on Preziosi-designed bikes than Rossi has since Stoner entered motoGp, because we all know that Preziosi couldn't design a bike if his life depended on it - right? 

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

If Herr Gobmeier

says that the Duckaki is so easy to rider why doesn't he get on it and prove his statement.:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi?

"Nobody imagined he was too much of a legend in the making 2006 either as he finished just 10 races, scoring 119pts and in 8th..a mere 3pts ahead of Elias on the same awesome RC211V? "

... & Elias in his rookie year scored what? 74 on the Yamaha, the bike that won the title... what does that prove... even in his rookie year Stoner was 40% better than Elias in his... erm... cool... Moto2 champion Elias was in MotoGP for 6 years & never scored as much as Stoner in his rookie year... ? Thanks for that... I never would have known...

:blink:

"I wonder how he went from there to champ next year on a Ducati, with a gap of more points over second place Pedrosa than he scored the entire season before?"

He went from being a rookie, crashing as often as finishing in the top 5 with a brand new, 1 rider, satellite team, to finishing mostly in the top 5 & not crashing on a factory bike no-one else could ride... with 10 wins thrown in... meanwhile Dani stayed with the same team & improved slightly... incidently he beat both his Honda team mates by a similar margin in 2011... have you been watching this sport long?

:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

That's the spirit Farnarkle, I knew threre must be a #27er with a sense of humour to replace me old & much lamented mate Bob..shame it's come a lttle late.

It's a brave man who argue's against Rossi's toughness & 15 seasons of unbroken GP starts from a Stoner point of view, given his propensity to take time off without a sicknote and go fishing..but have it your way. 

I'll let the lttle faux pas pass, about Stoner winning more on a Prezel bastard, due to the quality of your riposte..it's nothing new really.

However, I'm sure our resident ambulance man doohanfan will confirm that Casey only twisted an ankle at Indy, after doing a decent impression of a weather satellite on a section of track he knew was dodgy, although I can see how things may have been exaggerated over there given who's released the details.

Wasn't the Sunday Telegraph you read about it in, was it? Talking of which..pass us a sheet mate, I'm off to the dunny. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi..

What are you expecting of Rossi this year - where do you think he'll finish?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Midpack..battling with the Ducati's perhaps?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Step away from the fence..

..it's starting to buckle under the weight of all that expectation. Do you think he'll win it?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sunday telegraph

We actually seem to have a point of agreement wosi, the murdoch press, an even more toxic  Australian export than Fosters; if you consider stoner to be similarly toxic that is a bonus, btw.

Hard to know about stoner's ankle injury, concerning which details have been few, but may have been an osteochondral fracture of his talar dome, or perhaps more likely a syndesmosis problem, since the diagnosis was somewhat delayed. Ligament and tendon injuries can be bad, and valentino's shoulder problem probably had more of a long term effect on him than his leg fracture .Rossi ended up having the same course as a simple fracture for his horrible looking fracture, with primary closure a few days after the injury; I would be thanking dainese or whomever supplied his racing suits at the time, since the injury would seem to have been contained by his leathers if not by his skin; the usual problem with a compound fracture apart from the associated soft tissue injury consequent on the violence necessarily for such an injury is contamination of the wound with dirt.

I actually thought both riders did well to come back and win races after such injuries. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What..that old sack of spuds?

Behave yourself CHR..

No..the battered confidence is shot. Nostro, Bulto, paceycasey and good few other well informed commentators have finally got old wosi seeing the light.

Rossi has been blessed and he should have retired three years ago. That silly old fart Burgess has lost his magic and can barely read what size spanner he's picking up. Aliens in waiting Speez & Dovi will show us all just how ripped off Ducati were these last two years. Gobmeier will make the difference.

I reckon we can all look forward to more processional racing but, drool over some nice 1000fps footage of the bikes, with the resurgent Pedrosa doing a Stoner from the front and lighting up the press conferences with his witty banter and a cheeky twinkle in his eye.

Plenty to get excited about eh? 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices