Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

Valentino Rossi was unable to master Ducati’s fearsome Desmosedici machine because the bike behaved in a way that was totally alien to the riding style the nine-times world champion honed for almost two decades MotoGP paddock. That’s the view of new Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who has been charged with spearheading Ducati’s recovery after the Bologna factory endured a miserable lack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Gobmeier, another marketing lamb to the slaughter... Good luck with that... Dovi spies et all.. Get ready to take full responsibility for not getting the most out of the duke as every one else whose ridden it has even stoner. Expecting to see the aprilia arts really push the dukes this year probably into the gravel.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Couldnt be bothered to read all the coments

But he probably has a point. A nine time world champ and a talented rider of Marco's calibre will have developed a highly sensitive sense of feel and correct reactions to when a decent motorcycle gets out of shape. So they will also be able to feel when the bike they are riding is a ill handling bag of junk that feels like it has a hinge in the middle of it. and tell the feckin engineers they better sort it out pronto......

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stoner..??

Interesting perspective from SuperbikePlanet.com on the paradox that is Casey Stoner..

http://superbikeplanet.com/2013/Jan/130130a.htm

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Except it's not a paradox is it Wosi

Stoner simply wants to make his announcements at his time - not the gossipy media's. A shit nothing article and way below the usual standards of these Septics.

Anyway he's racing redneck cars in a redneck series slavishly followed by rednecks. I can see you'll be taking a keen interest in his progress or otherwise Wosi. Cars suck to me.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

paradox

This is in reference to the same article which has been discussed at length in the other thread

I think superbike planet has got it wrong btw, I don't think stoner was referring to anyone in the paddock, the media or even dorna in his reference to simoncelli, but rather to the attitudes of a certain type of fan, the booing at charity days, spitting, spiteful type who considered him to be faking his illness in 2009 and find him at fault for the dangerous riding of others or for having safety concerns in regard to such things as high closing speed accidents.

He should move on from all this, but then so perhaps should they.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Wosi - It's the tyres

Your Stoner quote; when interviewed he said> Stoner: No, honestly, I think since 2008 which is the last year before the single tire regulation, in my opinion they’ve gotten worse in quality. Etc. etc.

This is what I've been saying for a long time, if you haven't got THE front tyre for your bike the rest counts for nothing of much use. You have to understand what *control tyre* means - think about it, basically whoever decides which type of tyre to make also, at the very same time, decides who is going to win the championship for this reason; nobody in the World can make one tyre that will be perfect for all bikes and all riders, it just cannot be done. So, with that it must follow that when a *control tyre* is introduced some are going to be favoured and some are not. Casey on the Ducati was never favoured, that's why others could never ride it, it never had the right tyres for it, Casey forced it to get results against all the odds.

Moving on to Rossi, he thought he (and his team) could get the bike to work a lot better, what they didn't reckon on was that the bike is not wrong but it is different and absolutely requires its own special front tyre (and rear but that's a secondary argument) to get 'fast laps for all' out of it. Over time it became obvious nothing much could be done.

Do you remember the l-o-n-g meeting Rossi had with Carmelo mid-season a year and a half(ish) ago? Well I believe he asked for the control tyre to lean more toward being a Ducati tyre which lead to the upset over tyres at the beginning of 2012. It worked a bit because he managed a second place in the dry but realised as things stand there is no fix that is allowed to be used.

Look at the problem the other way. Imagine that Perelli (for example) were charged with producing exclusive MotoGP tyres for the Ducati in order to maximise its performance, the Ducati would lap faster with individual variations for different riders. When the tyres work *then* the bike can be developed in the correct direction.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Dont try

to duck the issue of this thread by bringing up an irrelevant article, Wosi that just does not become you one bit.

No matter how many vapid excuses you try, the simple fact is Rossi goes to bet every night crying because he  couldn't ride the bike that Stoner made a legend of himself upon.  That hurts.  It was terribly unfair of Agostini to admit that he too, like Rossi, could only win on a perfect bike and that it was only Hailwood and Stoner who could ride the mean bitches to victory.

But to give him his due, Rossi has admitted he can't ride like Stoner rode and the Ducati is a long ladder too far for him.  It's been a hard time for Rossi, even his girlfriend was so embarrassed by his performance and his moaning that she pissed off on him. Still, he has company - he can join the 20 or so 'rest' who couldn't ride the damn thing either and they can sit in a corner of a pub pouring vino down their throats and lamenting.

But don't despair: once Rossi gets back on the performance-enhancing Yamaha he will, like Armstrong, bounce back.  Probably.  And if he doesn't, then he can always nip around to Max's place for a shoulder to cry on.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Very trying..

There you go again Knuckledragger..crying because he couldn't ride the bike that Stoner made a legend of himself upon.

Well he could ride it as fast as Casey did as we've explored with the Qatar example and, Stoner wasn't much of a legend while picking gravel out of his arse 2010 was he?

Nobody imagined he was too much of a legend in the making 2006 either as he finished just 10 races, scoring 119pts and in 8th..a mere 3pts ahead of Elias on the same awesome RC211V? I wonder how he went from there to champ next year on a Ducati, with a gap of more points over second place Pedrosa than he scored the entire season before?

Funny how the legend never repeated that feat and his results got less successful the more experience he gained, isn't it you one-eyed saddo?

Fuck all to do with tyres as wosi prompted and BMEP has articulated?

Go on..start spouting on about SNS Michelins and how Rossi had it good, while completely missing a very important point in defence of your boyfriend.

Jesus..? 

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

How is the yellow 46 Vespa running wosi? The one you were sitting on parked up on Lenton Lane under Clifton Bridge, whilst playing with the trouser snake one sunday night at the back end of last summer.I must say the yellow parker and the donkey helmet really makes you stand out as the leader of the pack.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi's speed on the ducati gp11

Just to get this straight, your arguments now as opposed to your initial argument concerning fastest laps are that rossi's finishing time in 2011 was comparable with stoner's finishing time in 2009 although his fastest lap was slower, and he was better than stoner was in the qatar 2010 race because stoner crashed. Both are true, the second especially can be filed under special case, the bleeding obvious, but I am not sure what they prove, other than that the 2 riders used different strategies, neither of which would have been regarded as successful by either rider I suspect, and didn't result in much difference dnf wise over the length of the season.  In the races in which stoner did well in 2010 rossi was either much slower or dnfed in 2011.

Neither were championship capable bikes for anyone as I have said repeatedly.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices