Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi undone by Ducati DNA

Valentino Rossi was unable to master Ducati’s fearsome Desmosedici machine because the bike behaved in a way that was totally alien to the riding style the nine-times world champion honed for almost two decades MotoGP paddock. That’s the view of new Ducati boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who has been charged with spearheading Ducati’s recovery after the Bologna factory endured a miserable lack...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 15:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

oh oh can i have a go sepang lorezo pedro rossi marquez

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

me too me too

Testing- dani, jorge, vale, marquez, bradl,. For the season....Dani, VALE, Jorge, marquez, bradl. My prediction this year( yes its just a guess....arent they all?), is that jorge is going to crash more this year chasing pedrosa. Dani rattled him last year and if it wasnt for dickhead barbie, probably would have won. I see Rossi in with a shot....if jorge has a bad season. Nicky won in 06 by not being the best but by being the most consistant. If Vale is to win another title it will be in that vein. A couple of wins, but finish every race. I think there is a good chance this year that the three spaniards will battle so fiercely that crashes will occur, and the ever cagey rossi,on a great bike again, will be there to capitalize by being consistant if not spectacular. Hey it happened in06, and biaggi won in the same way this year in wsbk so it is possible. If the spaniards dont crash, then rossi will finish third. You heard it here first folks....crashing spaniards means that rossi will " hayden" the title this year!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

1986vfr750

You heard it here first folks....crashing spaniards means that rossi will " hayden" the title this year!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!

--------------------------------------------------

So i guess you've put your mortgage on it and you'll retire in 2014 a happy man?

Nah, me neither bud ;)

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Will change some definitions

Can see (or rather, hear) it now, from Nick Harris:

'And there's Rossi, 16 seconds back in fifth - it's a masterclass! ' - while thousands of fans trackside cheer him, er, not on...

Absolutely what racing needs - a group of riders all circulating gently and carefully to make sure they pot some points every race.  Hell, let's have pit stops and three tyre changes per race and points awarded for neatness and hairdo.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi winning

Unless honda has a totally dominant bike, or yamaha don't give him an up to scratch yamaha, rossi will win mutiple races and has a shot at the championship. He won a championship in his last full season on a yamaha, and as well as the late season post injury win had jorge's measure at  qatar 2010 before his shoulder injury as my little contretemps with wosi reminded me. He always had dani covered as well. Sure, he will have to beat jorge on the track, rather than him already being beaten before the race like mad max and sete giveupnow.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........

Wosi and 'Qatar'.

That's all the poor bloke has to offer.........many times........and many before that........and many many more before that...................and...............

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Gobmeier

doesn't mince his words, does he!!!Reckon Rossi wouldn't have lasted as long as he did, playing it along, if he had been at the helm during Rossi's 2 year "playing about" stint!! Beckons well for the future of Ducati and the Desmo with a strong hand at the helm, it's just what Ducati needs!!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Rossi Reconsidered

Great and revealing article about Rossi and his talent: http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-reconsidering-valentino-rossi/P1

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

qatar 2013

Yes, it is quite likely 15 or 20 riders will do better at qatar 2013 than stoner did at qatar 2010.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

The REAL stats.

Chris Martin is a consistent tool and a very, very lazy journalist, trotting out common platitudes and relying on 'everybody knows' stuff.  For a properly-researched article by one of the most respected journalists in the game, see: http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-noyes-notebook-irreplaceable-pt-ii/P1

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices