Skip to content

General Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

A bit random I know, but don't use safe style uk if they come knocking. They have been harassing my mother up to 3 times a day.

Serious bully boys and not cheap. Trying to cancel the order for her as it's getting ridiculous but no way they said they'd take legal action if she tried to cancel.

She told them she couldn't have them fitted until the end of March due to an up and coming operation, it even states it on the order, but they haven't stopped phoning her almost daily asking when her op is going to be and couldn't I go round whilst they install them:shock: 

Just had her on the phone upset as they are getting abusive now, I am not a happy bunny:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 22:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

did they sign her up

on a home visit ?.....has the 7 day cooling off period past by...

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

yes

it has she didn't see the 7 day notice, she's 77. But they are really pushing it now.

Read some reviews earlier and lots of people have had the same problem.

I did notice that the cancellation ticket wasn't dated so tried to get it made void, but they haven't replied yet.

2k for a garage side door and garage window:shock:

Silly lady, she didn't say anything to me until the calls started getting too much:upset: 

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

babyblade41

take some legal advise ,as steve says is the cooling off period lapsed?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

power of attorney...

should be compulsory when parents reach 65....they are easily coerced into signing their money away....but is the problem that they want to fit early or has she changed her mind about having it fitted.They might do a good job.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

oh dear....

you are probably buggered then legally....they will argue they have encountered costs and have already made up the items (though most likely haven't) blah blah.  Unfortunatley you will have to give as good as you get, go down the 'taking advantage of an elderly, vulnerable person' (even if she isn't), maybe give Citizens Advice or say you have spoken to Age Concern who are compling a dossier of complaints against them???....scare tactics can sometimes work against these firms......at the end of it your mum will probably lose her deposit if you do get them to agree to cancel.  :mellow:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

There is no installation

date except after March, so I think it's a losing battle.

But I wish she'd not go off and do things without speaking to me first:upset:

They just turned up on her doorstep and she let them in, ffs how stupid was that?? Only when the proverbial has hit the fan does she say anything.

She hadn't changed her mind, it was just the calls were getting so bad I told her to tell them to stick their windows where the sun don't shine.

But alas she has to through with the installation.

Bloody heathens, they better do it ok

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

babyblade41

the company is just down the road from me ,do you want me to go down and ,erm ,smash their windows?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

oh albert

yes please that would make me feel so much better, can you smash their faces as well and then smash the building and smash everything.  Id be ever so grateful:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

BB

I heard a similar story about everest. They are all the same when it comes to bully boy tactics. Sometimes staying in a persons house for up to 6 hours and offering to drive them to cash machines!! Go Albert :mad:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

It wouldn't be a ....

...glamour girl like what sold my mate his double glazing would it.....was it Daniel Craig?:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices