Skip to content

General Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

A bit random I know, but don't use safe style uk if they come knocking. They have been harassing my mother up to 3 times a day.

Serious bully boys and not cheap. Trying to cancel the order for her as it's getting ridiculous but no way they said they'd take legal action if she tried to cancel.

She told them she couldn't have them fitted until the end of March due to an up and coming operation, it even states it on the order, but they haven't stopped phoning her almost daily asking when her op is going to be and couldn't I go round whilst they install them:shock: 

Just had her on the phone upset as they are getting abusive now, I am not a happy bunny:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 22:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Daniel craig!

Maybe nicholas cage if he turned up in his under crackers and showed off his one armed press ups, and even then I would be pushed to part with my dosh :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

I bet....

it wasn't the 'caped crusader':biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

get in touch

with watch dog and also get intouch with safe style saying that youve contacted watchdog on grounds that they were being unreasonable this will put them off as they wont want the negative media coverage

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Could you not tell em to.........

BOGOFF?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.....:shock:

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Doorstep selling reg's

doorstep selling

CAB

Hope this info is of some use to you.

Edit:

From the brief browsing I've done it seems that the cooling off period MUST be a clear written notice.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

make a record

of when the calls were made to you and the content of that conversation. Take it to CAB or Office of Fair Trading.

Reply to this Topic
Dumptruck

Sep 07

Dumptruck says:

Similar prob with StayBrite

In the end i got sick of it and wrote them a quick letter saying that i would not be taking up the windows, and that i had tried to cancel the contract over the phone unsuccessfully. If their fitters turned up at my house, they wouldn't be allowed entry and no money would be released for any reason whatsoever.

They wont bother pursuing you for costs as they would have to prove a) that they had incurred costs specifically for your fit and b) that these costs were incurred prior to your call. Its 2k it ain't worth their time,  although they will likely threaten it. but definitely go and see a solicitor.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

safestyle sUK

They kept hassling me after I got a quote from them. They eventually stopped when I told them I had had them fitted from someone else at half the price.

Try telling them that when they next ring.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Still

haven't got a reply from them yet so not sure what's happening, bloody love them to come to my house I'd keep them for hours then tell them to naff off:smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

well

I am fuming, just spoken to the manager after they called my mum again:shock:

He was nasty and threatening too.  Lets just say my heart rate is well up, What an evil swine, not sure what to do next

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices