Skip to content

General Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

A bit random I know, but don't use safe style uk if they come knocking. They have been harassing my mother up to 3 times a day.

Serious bully boys and not cheap. Trying to cancel the order for her as it's getting ridiculous but no way they said they'd take legal action if she tried to cancel.

She told them she couldn't have them fitted until the end of March due to an up and coming operation, it even states it on the order, but they haven't stopped phoning her almost daily asking when her op is going to be and couldn't I go round whilst they install them:shock: 

Just had her on the phone upset as they are getting abusive now, I am not a happy bunny:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 22:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

send him a letter

copied to the local papers decrying his tactics and advising him that any further harassment of your elderly mother will result in legal action. Basically, a cease and desist letter. might also be worth speaking to age concern and CAB for their help. Or just let unit and gunga loose

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Mostly

thanks for the advise she's petrified now to answer the phone, and she's in bits. I don't want this company anywhere near her.

It doesn't help she lives on her own and not well,

I've already sent off to Watchdog and put a post on moneysavingsexpert website and a few others during the course of the evening.

A letter to one of the nationals maybe ?? I am absolutely livid and I need a drink to calm me down before I explode, I have a dodgy ticker and it certainly was put under stress then.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Babyblade

It's common practice throughout this and similar types of business to hassle the customer until they give in. This country is riddled with high preasure american hard sell salesmen tactics. Nothing is ever done and none of the organisations give a damn, It's the same with all the lies about "Half price Sales plus an extra 20%" All Lies if you want honest prices and service go to a local small independent.... any that are still trading must be doing something right in this god awful recession. Time the country stopped doing as we are told or "Shouted at" by Big Businesses and went back to good old honesty and the small guy. None of the big Players cares about customers just how much money they can squeeze out of them.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

too true Snev

she had to have a big roof job just before Christmas and put her in touch with a local company.

They stuck to their quote, arrived early every morning and finished the job on time with no extras.

They even sorted her tv for her.

I'd had a DG company a few years back and again used local, took an hour to sort out the quote out if that, cheap as chips and fitted and guaranteed no trouble at all.

Always use local and small when I can

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

caller id

on the phone? possibly a recording device to trap the threatening git. it's not legal unless he' s told, but will he know that when you tell him it's being sent to his head office? Or as I say, a site visit from gunga?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I don't think

I helped things when I spoke to the guy who kept phoning, a calling him a monkey when I want to speak to organ grinder, and that I told the little shite that he might get away with bullying and threatening old people but not me.

He handed me over to his manager, so he got both barrels too.  Been scurrying away writing reviews as much as poss, but tbh people have already beaten me to it.

They have already been watchdogged and every consumer forum has pretty much the same responses as I have given.

I emailed them again saying that I knew they'd been investigated and had horrendous reviews and so we will see what happens now.

I also told them I will be present at installation and it best be 100% perfect.

If at the end it is still not right and the installers do a crap job and start threatening, I will take my dog round (I only live ound the corner)

It might sound silly but I wonder if they will be quite so aggressive with a 10 stone hound on the lead:smile

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

BB

I've had a quick read through the posts and can't see any mention of a solicitor. I'd take some legal advice on this if I were you, I'm pretty certain the law should be weighted in your favour as a consumer.

I hate reading stories like this where people are basically trying to take advantage of an old lady (my mum is 77 too) - it really pisses me off and shows a total lack of morals :mad:

I hope you get a result soon and your mum can put all this hassle behind her :smile

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

What?

Your mum's still going ahead with this? Sod that, if the company is as bad as you've reported and seen via customer reviews they shouldn't be let anywhere near your mothers home.

If they threaten legal action then let them go ahead with it (I doubt very much they would) and their dubious sales tactics can once again be made public.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

they threatened her with

legal action and that the installation will go ahead whatever. That's what I cant seem to understand.  They said they will bill her for loss of profit and time wasting:upset:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I think I'm going

to get a solicitor, they've called again, but each time they say they've got the calls monitored and they only have 3 calls made??

legal fees are high, and technically she didn't cancel within the 7 days, she didn't even know she could..

Bar stewards, I'm at a loss now.  The installers are contractors so it's no good having a go at them . The other thing is she's waiting for quite a big op so even by March I'm not sure she is going to be up to it.

I'm wondering if I can stand my ground on day of installation because they refuse to cancel it and have said they will fit anyway.

Buggery buggery:mad:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices