Skip to content

General Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Just a warning about double glazing before bedtime

A bit random I know, but don't use safe style uk if they come knocking. They have been harassing my mother up to 3 times a day.

Serious bully boys and not cheap. Trying to cancel the order for her as it's getting ridiculous but no way they said they'd take legal action if she tried to cancel.

She told them she couldn't have them fitted until the end of March due to an up and coming operation, it even states it on the order, but they haven't stopped phoning her almost daily asking when her op is going to be and couldn't I go round whilst they install them:shock: 

Just had her on the phone upset as they are getting abusive now, I am not a happy bunny:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 January 2013 22:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

BB

I'm no expert but I think their threats are all bluffs. We've all got opinions on here and we all wish you well, but there's no substitute for proper legal advice from a lawyer, or Citz Advice at the very least.

I really hope this comes out in your favour :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

yes

I don't think we have a leg to stand on really due to the 7 day cooling off period, but I will check with some legal advice in the next week and keep you updated.

This has now become a nightmare for both of us, wonder if they'd do the same to a man who's a lot younger :upset:

Reply to this Topic
Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thanks Tobasco

but it's a few weeks outside the cooling off period.

She didn't say anything to me until the calls got too much. I'd brain them.

I just read some other reviews and how to stuff em with the call back they do, quite clever in theory but practically it wouldn't work.

They have a lot of bad press, I think too late for us but hope it stops any of you from touching them

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

babyblade

I would be happy to arrange a gang of brickies to brick up all your mums windows.... that'll fuck them up:wink:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Surely

If you haven't fixed a date for the fitting, the contract cannot be completed by them anyway - so they can't claim against any losses (as they haven't incurred any yet).

Thanks for putting this up BB - my daughter and son-in-law have just had Everest around.  I've told them to go local.

Hopefully a legal eagle will sort it out for you.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

These people.........

usually take a deposit of 20% which is the cost of the materials. Has she paid a deposit?

I would contact Social Services for advice, based on the fact that Mum has been bullied & frightened into parting with her pension while not thinking clearly of late due to her age & the stress of a pending operation. 

Besides, the price is double what it should be.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

none of those companies

will give their best price first time and will pull any trick possible to con (!) vince you that you are getting thousands off the actual price. It's total crap the sad thing is that so many people fall for it and thats why they continue to trade.

My advise is Don't even give them a chance.
I also hate to see the Sincere celebs that star in their adds if they really knew how people are treated they would run a mile.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

the price is

ridiculous, she paid a deposit and is quite happy to lose it. Well not happy but accepts the loss as it was only a minimal amount

I have told her that if they call again to put the phone down, and no exact date has been set, she couldn't commit to a date due to surgery.

I have heard from them and they said if she doesn't have them fitted they will bill her for the windows anyway, so it looks like they will have to go in.

I will be waiting...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Babyblade

:ph43r: this sort of thing makes my blood boil... the older people being exploited .I own my own business and come across this all the time and it's frustrating because so many people get ripped off by big companies. I have a perfect example at the moment where an elderly couple with a terminally ill daughter and a nasty vile neighbor are desperate to sell their house and have had a quote from a large company which is 4 times my own price (and we are not talking tenners here) for the same products. which they nearly paid .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices