Skip to content

Discuss This Would you consider using your bike to commute to work instead of taking the car / train / bus etc? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you consider using your bike to commute to work instead of taking the car / train / bus etc?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you consider using your bike to commute to work instead of taking the car / train / bus etc?

How do you make your way to work in the morning? In this weather, the train or bus is probably the most sensible answer at least - there's a lot to be said for arriving at work warm and dry! Or do you brave the elements and ride the bike anyways? Maybe you keep a winter hack, or maybe you've jsut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 09:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

bike or car but... prefer bike

If the weather allows, Having said that I find my Hayabusa so much easier to control now when riding on ice and snow....having fited the "stabilisers"

Whats a train?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I walk to Work now

as its only round the corner! but in the days when i had a 70 mile a day round trip, then the bike (it being a BMW f650) was prefered, not even snow stopped me (knobbly tyres). if i had to return to that journey then i would do it on a bike again! would likely pick tiger800xc though. how much fun would that be .lol

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i ride to work in the dry. but dont run the bike in winter no as i got a only beat up van to run in the snow ice and heavy rain.

Reply to this Topic
Mr. Luck

Jan 08

Mr. Luck says:

Keeps me sane

Riding to and from work is the highlight of my day, pretty much the rest of it is continually crap.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I'd throw myself under a train before I got on one

There's maybe a dozen days a year when I balk at riding to work.  I say "maybe", it's probably fewer.

Winter hack?  Cleaning routine?  ACF-50 in October, throw a bucket of water over it in March.

Weather?  I arrive at work bone dry and grinning and park by the front door.  The base, common and popular scurry in like drowned rats from their distantly parked cars, or whatever soul-destroying public transport terminii they came from, shaking water from their whiskers and squeaking "Didn't you get soaked?"

That just never stops being hilarious.

Reply to this Topic
YamAustin

Jan 13

YamAustin says:

@Mr.Luck

Exact same here mate ! although a lot of it is filtering through traffic but filtering is one of the favourite things to do :D

Reply to this Topic
TTdaft

Jan 13

TTdaft says:

Best bit of the day!!!!!!

Yam and Rb, pick out the best, you get to filter all the drones and then see all the rest dripping in from the bus....absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!

Winter: big traillie, big knobbly tyres and horse it everywhere...fan bloody tastic!

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Nope

Can't get it round the bend at the top of the stairs between my bedroom and my office.

Reply to this Topic
deaks25

Apr 09

deaks25 says:

Of course!

Honda Varadero 125, 50 miles every day. 1 day in 2012 that I didn't use it.

I don't own a car, & couldn't afford to use one for my commute & traditional 'commuter' bikes tend have pretty poor fuel economy. 65-80mpg depending on how fast I'm trying to go, easy handling, reliable as the preverbial. filtering is a doddle & it has some road pressence. The NC700 & G650 are the only bikes that can challenge that.

It's getting a well deserved TLC session at the weekend.

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Stupid Question!

So many of us do already! How slow is the closed motorcycle season that the "press" have to resort to limp stupidity?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices