Skip to content

Discuss This Would you consider using your bike to commute to work instead of taking the car / train / bus etc? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you consider using your bike to commute to work instead of taking the car / train / bus etc?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you consider using your bike to commute to work instead of taking the car / train / bus etc?

How do you make your way to work in the morning? In this weather, the train or bus is probably the most sensible answer at least - there's a lot to be said for arriving at work warm and dry! Or do you brave the elements and ride the bike anyways? Maybe you keep a winter hack, or maybe you've jsut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 09:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
arbg92

Oct 05

arbg92 says:

Only Snow keeps me off the "tiger"...! Hate to take the car to work, its a chore. Winter riding makes you a far more confident rider. IMHO..

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

mr luck

Couldn't agree more, best arrive at work spirits high and a blast on the way home. On the rare occasion when its just too dangerous and I have to take the and dust of the car makes me so grumpy. Just wished we had a bit more sunshine to enjoy it even more.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

like minded folk

As regards to the so called banal discussions on MCN I think its a great idea to keep in touch with like minded folk and talk and chat about bikes and biking life in general, Its does not always have to be deep technical stuff or philosophical musings all the time. Its good to know that there are hundreds of other bikers on the daily commute up and down the country as well as the few I regularly see on my journey each day.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Commute

For years i had to as i couldnt afford a car and a bike so i chose a bike, riding through the British winter made my riding better, when the summer came i was a much better rider for it.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I used to commute into central London 5 days a week in all weathers by bike for 14 years. The only exception was when it was too icey and slippering down my side road to get out onto the main road. It was so much cheaper and quicker than using the train. Using a car would have taken for ever.

So the question should be:

"Would you consider using other forms of transport to commute to work instead of your bike?"

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Train?

The only passenger rail service within 100 miles of where I live is hopping freight like a hobo.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices