Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez or Dani Pedrosa? Who'll be the Repsol Honda king this year? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Marc Marquez or Dani Pedrosa? Who'll be the Repsol Honda king this year?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Marc Marquez or Dani Pedrosa? Who'll be the Repsol Honda king this year?

This year at Repsol Honda sees the battle of the Spainards - rookie and protege Marc Marquez takes on the old hand of Dani Pedrosa, and it's sure to be a hell of a battle. But will the sheer speed and determination of Marquez over come Pedrosa, or will the experienced hand use his skill to finally have the year he's...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 09:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

Pedrobot

Danny has been well used by those who have found him a useful tool (shock horror a manager who's only intertested in money!) . Marqueuz will knock him into a cocked hat because he is the real deal. Bet my mortgage that come middle of the season there will be a wall in the middle of the garage courtesy of one Mr Alberto Piug. Get used to another better team mate Danny you're gonna need to.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dans the man !

Legend68 - I disagree,Dani exelled last year against Lorenzo in the last few races of the season.Dani nows he can beat Lorenzo,this is the confidence bost that will make all the difference this year & this could be Danis year to win.I think 2013 will be a 2 horse race between Dani & Jorge.

Marc Marquez is an exellent rider,but he will need at least 1 year to lern.After that I think he will be a major force to be reckoned with.I think it would be highly unlikly he would win in his first year.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

I just hope Lorenzo stays focused with the job in hand of sorting out Pedrosa,but my gut feeling he'll end getting distracted with Rossi agitating in the background who'll try and turn it into an internal team pissing contest and neither of e'm will do any good.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Marquez

It will be an interesting plot point to follow next season - the battle between the two HRC Spaniards. I have to say though, Marquez has yet to truly convince me - no doubt a huge talent - but there is always a niggle in my mind that he was on one of the best bikes out there in Moto2 and his size did give him a significant top speed advantage against his direct competitors. I'm open to being converted though - roll on next season.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

pedrosa

no brainer for 13 but watch out for 14

Reply to this Topic
Legend68

Jan 13

Legend68 says:

Lorenzo99

I agree that Danny is a very talented rider but he's in danger of being the David Coulthard of F1 or the Tim Henman of tennis i.e. earned a very good living from Moto GP but never getting the ultimate prize? According to his boss this year is make or break. Casey will be Laughing his socks of and so will Marquez.....

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Marquez

The second half of last season Danny Pedrosa was the class act of the pack. Jorge managed to hang on to his championship lead partially due to some misfortune for Pedrosa. Marquez is on a new bike with a new team and still has some learning to do. For sure he will be quick for many of the races but he has yet to prove he will run with the real front runners.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Legend68

Yes,you could be right,Dani may never take the crown & this year will be his best chance with Casey out the way & Marc Marquez lerning the ropes.I always thought that Dani was the weakest of the four aliens,but he raised his game big style last year & I would now rate him in the top 2 this year.

Even though I am a big Lorenzo fan I would not be unhappy to see Dani win the championship this year.Lorenzo is the man to beat but fair play to the rider that beats him if they can,Dani may just be the man to do it this year.

P.S. Dont think Casey cares one way or the other,Marquez definatly will.

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

Without Stoner? Couldn't care too much

The championship has lost it's greatest riding talent with Stoner no longer there. I mean pure riding talent alone and not the show biz schmaltz-show of the likes of Rossi and/or Lorenzo. Neither Marques nor Pedrosa have a personality between them nor the balls-out talent of Stoner. Of course they will be the usual cynical c***ts who will attack Casey via this website but none of them could hold a light to his skills but will choose to boo him when he wins at Donington or when he speaks the honest and non-pr-glib truth. At times the British sarcastic and cynical criticism of anything great makes me embarrassed to be English Casey come back and show those other"riding greats" how to ride any bike no matter how many self-appointed medical degrees they have! I'm watching Cal and Dovi this year, riders both but Repsol Honda? Couldn't care less.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

spot on foggie.

Hit the nail on the head there,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN