Skip to content

Discuss This Circuit of Wales plans impress MotoGP boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Circuit of Wales plans impress MotoGP boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Circuit of Wales plans impress MotoGP boss

Ambitious plans to build a new state-of-the-art motorsport complex in Wales have impressed MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta on his first visit to the proposed site of the £250m venture this week. The new Circuit of Wales is currently going through the planning application process with local authorities, but if construction goes ahead on schedule in early July, the facility near Ebbw...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 09:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

>>

Give us a better look at the bike, looks like an awesome paint job

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Great news!

Or is it? I would have thought it a great idea to have another track in the UK which will host Moto GP and WSB.
Just what we need really and I hope it goes ahead.
Seems squabbling amongst each other is more important on here though.

Reply to this Topic
pauly58

Jan 13

pauly58 says:

Rockingham

Does anyone remember the last fiasco that was going to be the great motorcycle racing circuit? Rockingham. I seem to remember a British Superbike race with was it Steve Hislop or John Reynolds injured, they never went there again. Still i I suppose it might happen if the money can be found.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

The Money...

.....is already there, these people have been very serious about this for some time now, money is not the object here, planning and local councils will be. The UK Government should relax some of the planning laws for this as its going to be based well away from towns so there should be no issues really.

I have been hoping for this to come off for the last 2 or 3 years now, which was when i first heard a whispa of this track, its only about 45mins from the house over the Rhigos mountain, onto the heads of the valleys road and i'm there. Yippeee!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

good news

if it goes ahead, as it will bring work and hopefully a boost in tourism to the area.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

pauly58

That's right, Hizzy was right on JR's rear wheel, when JR missed a gear, Hizzy touched him and went down bigtime. I remember JR visiting Hizzy in hospital and when he asked Hizzy what he could do, Hizzy replied "go and win the championship" which he did.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A fantastic looking facility

With aspects of many of the famous existing circuits of the world. Lots of proper fast looking stuff. Brilliant. Check out http://circuitofwales.com/plans/

I've been unable to substantiate rumours that Bridgestone will reverse their normal wet / dry tyre allocation for this venue though. That said the last time I rode in Wales it snowed just about all the way to the Donnington World Supers, so perhaps a special Welsh compound will need to be found.

Good luck to all involved. Britain needs some world class facilities. George Osbourne take note. This is where some Government dosh should be going as part of infrastructure spending to kick Britain out of its policy driven austerity slump.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Rockingham! Seriously?

pauly58. Take a look at the track's website. The circuit has more in common with Assen than a place like Rockingham. In fact, someone described the layout as Assen on a hillside. I can't see it being a disappointment.

As someone who lives in Gloucester, I can't wait for an FIM certified to be built within an hour's ride from home via some fantastic A and B roads.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

I hope Ezpeleta insists that the......

grandstand seats are equipped with spitoons for the filthy Brit bike fans to relieve themselves. Fkn bunch of animals. 

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

calimero

No calimero don't. just ban al the new track comming like you do with the factory's trying to come back! infact ditch several tracks(much cheaper) ditch laguna ditch indianapolis, ditch japan cirquits, ditch some of the spanisch tracks dont go to russia eighter. make MotoGP realy cheap by adding steel frames brakes, 12.000 rpm limit, 10.5 litre fuel, make the bike's have an weight limit of 360 pounds. and make the races shorter by half! give the factory's 1 engine for an whole year because we al like to see rider hanging around in the pit sitting and doing nothing. make 1 weight for rider+bike. ditch qatar to with al the lights... it so expencive. infact just quit MotoGP. make sure motogp doesn't exist anymore.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices