Skip to content

Discuss This More Power! New MTT Y2K New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > More Power! New MTT Y2K

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

More Power! New MTT Y2K

Los Angeles based Marine Turbine Technologies (MTT) has announced an upgrade to their 320bhp turbine powered MTT Y2K superbike.  It has been reported that the new 2013 MTT Y2K will be fitted with a Rolls-Royce C-20B gas turbine engine, capable of 420bhp. MTT hope to release the new model in the USA and Europe by mid-2013 as a street legal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 09:57)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Lag?

How have they gotten around the lag issue common to turbines? Twist the grip, and wait a couple of seconds for the power to come on does not sound like a good riding experience.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Chocolate Tea Pot

Why indeed ! Its as usefull as a chocalate tea pot,an execise in exess.Looks a bit like a BMW too.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sounds awsome on Youtube! Jay Leno has one and I heard he was at traffic lights on it one day and the exhaust is very hot and when he looked around, it had melted the the plastic bumper on the car behind! I'll be suprised if it runs on diesel or aviation fuel as one burns and the other works on compression/detonation, but I could be wrong. Someone enlighten me!  If I win on Euromillions, I'll have one!!

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Saw One Of These....

...at Elvington last year, ridden by Zeff Eisenberg from Guernsey. Quite a sight on the runway at 200mph.

About melting the bumper of a car with it's exhaust: I've got a picture of Trevor Duckworth making toast with the exhaust from Zeff's bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Using diesel..

..does not make this a diesel. As with any turbine, fuel mileage is just about measured in gallons per mile. And yes, just about any combustible liquid fuel can work. That diesel fuel in a diesel engine is ignited by the heat of higher compression has nothing to do with how it burns in a turbine.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

At last...

A practicle bike for once. With 120bhp more than my Busa  (which has 120bhp more than my CBR600) I should be able to have a bit of fun.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

re-read

There as me thinking 0-60mph in 5.4 seconds.. that's useless! Re-read it.. 0-200mph in 5.4 seconds.. aaaahhhhh....

Reply to this Topic
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

and...............?

pointless, about 40ft long and ugly as Fk. It has taken me from awake to yawnsville in 2.4seconds

Reply to this Topic
YamAustin

Jan 13

YamAustin says:

WHAT !

0-200 mph in 5.4 seconds ........... I think a little bit of poo just came out

Reply to this Topic
akhaddd

Jan 13

akhaddd says:

minnie

l Y2K was launched in 2000 and powered by a Rolls-Royce Allison Model 250 engine (commonly used in helicopters). Producing 320bhp at 52,000rpm the superbike is a

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle