Skip to content

Discuss This No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow?

Cal Crutchlow could get an early reminder of the downside of being a non-factory rider in MotoGP in Malaysia next week, with rumours mounting the British rider will not have a new seamless shift gearbox at his disposal from Yamaha when winter testing resumes on Tuesday (February 5). Although Crutchlow’s Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team insist the full spec of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Body blow..

Bit of a blow for Cal if this is indeed the case, but hardly a KO punch.

As he says, there is still plenty of room left for improvement in his riding..consistency should be a priority going into his third year. He's demonstrated he has the pace and if he can improve in this area it will be worth more than any seamless shift box.

You'd have thought they'll seal 3/5 engines to start so it may be a while before he gets the chance to ride with the new transmission.

His goal will be to finish top satellite bike, not easy with the RCV's being so strong and Bradl no longer a rookie but definitely achievable if he's a bit steadier and get's off the line better.

Go gett'em Tiger.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

New gearbox

There's not much to gain (or therefore lose) with a seamless gearbox so no big deal. One thing to note; when testing new gearboxes always let someone else do it, when they lock-up it's over *big time*. Cal has not drawn the short straw on this one. He can have one when they are sorted.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

As expected

sounds like Rossi is playing his veto cards early.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro

You really are a "cock".  I suspect it has nothing to do with Rossi but Yamaha puting all the trick bits on the works bike's like all of the other works teams.  Thats the way it works.  Work team gets new parts, then at some point they are fitted to the satellite team bikes. 

Im sure Cal will be right up there without the new clutch

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

huh

To be fair to Yamaha after the slating Cal gave em i wouldn't be suprised if he only got an R1 this year pehaps he should use the the old saying "make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear" he did give em what for when he thought the the Ducati deal was sealed but good luck anyway

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Story?

So basically most of the questions that were left unanswered when the new gearbox was announced are still completely unanswered & nobody who was asked knows anything.

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

gearbox

I don't think Cal realy needs the new gearbox to improve like he said him self. Jorge took the title with the gearbox Cal is getting. Cal must be very Happy with Yamaha, he took thje title on an R6. did great things on the R1 and does well on the M1. so if Cal is smart he wil stick with Yamaha. I think Cal has some of the raw speed Jorge had when he join MotoGP, and improve year after year. i realy like Cal, let him ride his balls off and let the riding do the talking. Go Yamaha

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The truth according to Nostradamus - Rossi runs MotoGP not Carmelo - fact.  Nostro my dear old bigot you really need to see a therapist and get rid of the voices in your head I would hate to see you locked up in a padded cell.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

I hope

Cal doesn't get too paranoid regarding this new gearbox, like the brake upgrade, of last year. All he needs to do is stay focused, get the best out of, what's already a decent bike, and keep improving his race craft, and hopefully he'll do well again this season.  

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

quote from Poncheral - I even don’t know that gearbox is ready to be used by Lorenzo and Rossi.

If it isn't ready Yamaha need to get their finger out pronto  otherwise MotoGP 2013 will be a Repsol-fest.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices