Skip to content

Discuss This No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow?

Cal Crutchlow could get an early reminder of the downside of being a non-factory rider in MotoGP in Malaysia next week, with rumours mounting the British rider will not have a new seamless shift gearbox at his disposal from Yamaha when winter testing resumes on Tuesday (February 5). Although Crutchlow’s Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team insist the full spec of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

really saturn??

quote from Poncheral - I even don’t know that gearbox is ready to be used by Lorenzo and Rossi.

If it isn't ready Yamaha need to get their finger out pronto otherwise MotoGP 2013 will be a Repsol-fest.

well Lorenzo without a seamless shift gearbox didnt do that bad in 2012 did he? jeez, with all your supposed motogp knowledge you come up with this gem!! hahaha

Plus, when the Honda was sorted out midseason due to tyres and weight handicap, Lorenzo and the Yam were still able to take the fight to Pedro .

I doubt it will be panic stations at Yamaha if they dont deliver an improved gearbox, and i highly doubt it will end up being a "Repsol-fest" this year.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

gearbox no problem

we all know cal's weakness is binning it under a non pressure situation but that said these guys are under immence pressure from sponsors to do well, that said a few better finishes along with podiums this season would see cals ride not far from factory results when set up right. when he is on the pace most where caught last season barring dani and jorge. bit more consitency and cal will be a top 5 threat for sure. thats what i believe anyhow.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Cal

needs to spend less time worrying about his gearibox and more time worrying abut his superfast team mate.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrKrabs

Always nice to see a bit of light hearted banter from you, lol.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

RidgeRacer

Can't be a clever-dick all the time eh ?   Seriously tho' the comment from Poncheral would suggest that Yam's winter-season development is not where it should be. I would suspect that HRC development is where it should be.  If Honda have moved the goalpost further down the road then a lack of the seamless gearbox at the beginning of the season could put them at a disadvantage (may be small) but the world champ does not want to be playing catch-up from the first round.  The second half of 2012 showed that Honda had already gained a small advantage.  Pure speculation of course and I hope for the sake of the championship the above is not the case

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

saturn392

You could be right, but I think Yamaha have gained more of an advantage this year, against Honda, as they've put VR46 on the M1. I think that will better a seamless gearbox.    Oooops, sorry Nostrils

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Never heard

of any Brit being super fast. Last Brit (Phil Read on his MV Agusta) to pole was back in 1974. Me thinks that's when they started recording pole position, perhaps they could have poled earlier. 

Last win was Barry Sheene in 1977.Brits are too fat, too clumsy and way, way, way, too slow.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

nostro fool again

Rossi didnt veto crutchlow getting the seamless gearbox you numpty...crutchlow is a lowly satellite rider and needs to learn his place. Whine whine whine. Satellite riders almost never get the same toys at the same time...with the exception of ducrapi...and they suck. Abrahms is very smart to dump ducati for crt...ducati basically is a crt except they are scored against the "real factory" bikes. At least now when he is at the back of the pack he can battle for glory. Crutchlow needs to be more like poncheral....know your place, keep your mouth shut and be grateful for any handouts. Advice you should listen to as well...fool.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

aaaaand....

The only way ducati will do well in the next few years is if they relabel their bike crt. That way they might be competitive. They have agreat crt bike but a garbage prototype bike. Your welcome gobmeir...problem solved and all four of your riders will be competitive....they have a pretty good chance of being the best crt next year...see its all about perspective

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

well it certainly does look bad on yamaha not being able to produce 3 gearboxes instead of 2??? surely once u have designed and built the protype the rest is easy the more  build the cheaper it gets surely it is better to have 3-4 riders testing it instead of 2  and this is the reason motogp sucks a 3teir championship factory sat and crt ? anyone who is crowned world champ is a hollow one in my book cos there only competing against 4 other bikes capable of winning anyway   

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices