Skip to content

Discuss This No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No new Yamaha gearbox for Cal Crutchlow?

Cal Crutchlow could get an early reminder of the downside of being a non-factory rider in MotoGP in Malaysia next week, with rumours mounting the British rider will not have a new seamless shift gearbox at his disposal from Yamaha when winter testing resumes on Tuesday (February 5). Although Crutchlow’s Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team insist the full spec of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 16:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

mikybars

hey thats why triumph biult the rocket 3 cos we are all big fat ugly fuckers who need big fat bikes to haul us around saying that i think lorenzo has eaten one to many pies recently

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

They are constantly tweaking the gearbox for the two factory riders, not building two boxes and leaving it at that. The costs would spirral enormously to be trying to constantly adapt the gearboxes for four riders rather than two. It would also slow development. Thats why the factory riders get stuff first and when the final version is settled on and that version is proven to be reliable, they roll it out to the satelite boys. Its always been that way. You can equally argue that Tech3 are safe in the knowledge that when the gearbox filters down to them that it works and that it won't try and shit itself and lock the back wheel at 200mph.

Reply to this Topic
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

MotoGP

Anyone else sick of MotoGP being a four horse race, if you are not on one of the Factory Yamahas or Hondas, you need a miracle to win. I will be concentrating on the superbike championships this year, MotoGP sucks.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

The rider is the best part on the bike

I would dispute that its a four horse race. Only perhaps if the four best riders are on the four best horses. There is 0.1 secs between a normal and seamless shift gearbox and a good rider can more than make up that time difference.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The thing is 0.1 sec over a race distance can be the difference between win or lose.  The good rider who can make up this (and I agree) would have to be riding a more ragged edge and therefore more prone to crash.

Roll out the seamless gearbox Yamaha (which should be tried tested and proven reliable before if ever hits the race bikes) - shitting itself and locking the back wheel would be unacceptable and unforgivable.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Shepshep

Anyone else sick of MotoGP being a four horse race, if you are not on one of the Factory Yamahas or Hondas, you need a miracle to win. I will be concentrating on the superbike championships this year, MotoGP sucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If watching the best against the best doesn't float your boat then i guess nothing will. WSBK..............more of a 'four horse' race? I think not.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Re- the seamless gearbox

Fuck me, with all the other elecs on the bike this is miniscule in comparison. 

Get a grip.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Sour milkyballs

Sheene last won a gp in 81 and he had more personality and charisma than any of his usa counterparts,but you septic tanks can yip and yehaagh and you Milky have a fast lip but who's the flag flyer right now for you milky ? The bore thats still on his mum's tit ? Your a disgrace to your flag Milky turn ya baseball cap the right way round and get back in your trailer and head back to the hills and squeal piggy ,America is a great country its a good job your not a true representation of it asswipe

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Rossi Reconsidered

Great and revealing article about Rossi and his talent: http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/motogp-reconsidering-valentino-rossi/P1

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

It's gonna be hard for Cal this year, if he struggled to get by Rossi when Rossi was on the duke he's in for a real head ache when Rossi gets back on the yam... A factory bike is not a guarantee of consistant or back to back success (titles), ask Casey, Jorge and Dani and every other motorcycle racer ever to throw his leg over one bar a handful.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices