You are in... Forums > General > General > new bmw r1200 gs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

new bmw r1200 gs

how can they call it an adventure bike? as long as adventure is on tarmac then thats fine but a bike this huge is useless off road, i real adventure bike should be light enough to be able to pick up on your own if you drop it and also not loaded with things to break, i really think this bike is just a tourer. If you look at the dakar bikes they are now all 450cc singles which imo is a perfect size, the best real adventure bike you can buy now is probably the ktm 690 enduro as its a single and light enough to pick up on your own, also with decent enough off road manners.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 January 2013 18:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

HD

Old Harley Davidsons or Royal Enfields are the ultimate Adventure bikes, they've been everywhere and anywhere it's possible to take a motorcycle!

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

I had a beemer 1150GS

a few years back and that sod was HEAVY!!! I dropped it one day in my garage trying to bung it on it's centre stand so I could check the oil level. I was very lucky not to get trapped under it as it went down and it took me and two big mates to eventually get the bloody thing upright again. :upset: Granted I'm not as fit as I used to be and being female and slightly disabled as well didn't help but man........ those GS's are darn heavy. I traided it in shortly after that and got a Bonneville. :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle