Skip to content

Discuss This Bike Chooser: Urban Commuter General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike Chooser: Urban Commuter

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Dabbs  says:

Bike Chooser: Urban Commuter

Which 125cc urban commuter? "I had a scooter when I was growing up in Spain, now I want a 125 in the Spring for a short, cross-town commute." Santi, Kingsthorpe THE ONE TO BUYHONDA XL125V VARADERO£1890-£4500 Santi doesn’t want an “arse in the air” sports bike, but he has got up to £4000 to spend so there’s plenty of choice out there. Living on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 13:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Off-Road Is More Versatile

When my bike was in the dealer for servicing a few years back they lent me a DR-Z400 for a couple of days and it was brilliant fun. It reminded me of when I used to borrow my daughters' DT125R for travel to work in bad weather, even snow, rather than use my Ducati or my car. That's why I'd choose the off-road option from the above bikes, the DT125R.

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

So many options...

Amongst my other bikes, I have had a Honda PCX125 scooter for the last two years. It's a great supplement for my short daily commute, and if I lived in the city, I'd consider it indespensible. Over 90mpg, fine at up to 60mph and great underseat storage for the crash helmet. I'm not a Honda person, but the scooter is really good.

Reply to this Topic
talkToTheHat

Feb 13

talkToTheHat says:

GZ underpowered but useful

I've had two GZ125s, the 2002 had (allegedly) 10 horses and felt massively underpowered, the claims 11.9 horses and 4th and 5th gear are lowered a little, which makes it a lot more use out of town. Both were reliable and comfortable and got me everywhere I needed to be, absolutely great round town, low seat and surprisingly nimble, but long trips were hard work. Gearbox very very slick. Cush drive will not stand much abuse, but easy enough to replace.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle