Skip to content

BMW 2013 BMW R1200GS – your questions answered R1200GS

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS > 2013 BMW R1200GS – your questions answered

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 BMW R1200GS – your questions answered

This week’s edition of Motor Cycle News (30 Jan 2013) features a 7-page first test of the all-new BMW R1200GS, which was launched in South Africa last week. Senior Road Tester, Adam Child, was highly impressed by the new partially water-cooled all-roader, grab your copy now to read his thorough appraisal of the new bike. Adam invited your questions before the launch;...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 13:45)

Post a message in R1200GS

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NULUSIOS

Jan 13

NULUSIOS says:

Service intervals

This sucks. Same service intervals? COME ON! And also the official reply about liquid cooling malfunction... not cool. This is where I would expect the GS to be one of a kind. (and us having the air cooled would more easily make the move)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

And...

The pointy bit on the front ?

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Adventure variant

I'd be amazed if the Adventure takes another year. Look at the photos.. there's one in your own photos. All sounds good except the service intervals.. which are truely rubbish for a completely new design engine..... No one else has designed a new engine with a small service interval for a long time. They need to be careful or they'll get into the old Ducati issue.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Snev, the pointy bit is so that people know you're having an Adventure

You get a free "Outer Elbonia Customs" sticker slapped on it at every service too, so don't moan about the intervals.

Reply to this Topic
pankgt

Oct 06

pankgt says:

WC GS 1200 Wight

PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, OUT GOING MODEL IS 229KG WET. WATER COOLED 238 KG WET. ACCORDING TO BMW'S OWN LITERATURE, AND MY HAND BOOK !! IT DOES SEEM AN EMBARRASMENT, AS THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD THIS MISREPRESENTATION FROM BMW.

Reply to this Topic
cousinbillybob

Jan 13

Why does it look the same..? Porsche did the same with the Boxster. Spent loads of money on a new model, and make it look exactly like the old one..!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

@cousinbillybob: Funny that, cos I was thinking how much better this one looked that the old one. I liked the looks of the 1150gs, but not the last one and I like this one again. That said, it should look similar. If you look at the r1 or the gsx, they've hardly changed over several generations. The GS has changed much more.

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@PANKGT

What does WIGHT mean? You sound like you hate BMW, why read about it? :)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Boxer12

"You sound like you hate BMW"...? No he doesn't. Jeese get over it.

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@Snev

Get over what? It was a light hearted comment, no malice intended towards your cousin :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices