Skip to content

General Am I alone in thinking... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Am I alone in thinking...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Am I alone in thinking...

this goverment is taking the piss?On the news the other night a hospital A&E was closing to save money and up the road from it another hospital had run out of money.Next news item the British goverment were giving £21,000,000 to aid the Syrian refugees.Last night they are spending £62,000,000 to make the cyclists lot in this country better.10 BILLION pounds to be cut from NHS budget,foreign aid for 2013? 11 BILLION pounds. No money for the hospitals,schools,police or to repair our crumbling road network.Shit loads of money for foreign countries,stupid schemes and wars.Fuckwits.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 15:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Alone in thinking?

On this site, sometimes:lol:

On this issue....I doubt it.

Some foreign aid is a valuable long-term investment for future trading. Some of it ain't.

But, I'm an isolationist. Stop spending money on wars, bring the troops home. Use the engineer corps to fix the pothole epidemic as reported yesterday. Use some of the others to boost 'visible' policing to reduce crime. Use others to support the work of hospitals, etc.

All of this costs NOTHING, its money that's already being spent; all that's changing is that the benefit goes to the UK not elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Stop thinking...

..it only ends in tears .:wacko:..

... here look at these sock-kittens..... feeling better now aren't you? :winkie:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Are their little legs...

in those socks to stop them jumping off the golf tee when you swing at them?:lol:

Before the abuse starts..I'M ONLY JOKING!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

CB13

No, it's so you can hang them from your mantlepiece as adorable 'feel-good' decorations .

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

I have to...

go now as I have been laughing and I'm much affeared there is a goverment tax on mirth.Kam say's they are spying on us so they will know I had a chortle and send me a bill.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Alone

NO,your right and sounds about right from this government. Why think about NO,1.

Also what about the £250,000 fine a week:unsure:from the E.E.C?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Government

Yep, they are shite - but you only have yourselves to blame. Well I didn't vote for them so it must have been you lot! :lol::lol::lol: 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

N.H.S. trusts....

bottomless pits....top heavy with management and pay stupid money to the drug companies for pills that should cost pennies.Syria? 21 million? just a sweetener to let us take their oil off their hands at a reasonable price (If they should by any chance manage to take over the running of the Country)....if they do it'll be another hotbed of 'fundamentalism' within a year.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Gets my blood boiling

So I can't talk about it or I'll have "another episode"...

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Jus' finkin'.

Not wishing to ruin the feel-good ambience but surely those kittens can only be prep'd for drowning?
:tongue:

In defence of the drugs industry mentioned by Oldish, drug discovery and development is a hugely expensive and risky exercise. A tablet does cost pennies to manufacture but it may be charged in pounds to pay for 20 years of R&D, cover the huge costs of ten other promising drugs which had to be rejected after clinical trials, and to recoup all those costs before the patent expires and so-called "generic" manufacturers who haven't had to pay for research and development can wade in.

I do agree that NHS Trusts are probably top-heavy with management though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices