Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies backs new Ducati strategy MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies backs new Ducati strategy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies backs new Ducati strategy

Ben Spies believes Ducati’s new strategy to give full factory machinery to its entire MotoGP line-up in 2013 will be crucial in helping the Italian manufacturer close the gap to Honda and Yamaha. In a bid to develop the Desmosedici at a much faster rate and expand the amount of rider feedback, Spies, Andrea Iannone, Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hahaha..you pair, I dunno?

Great value for money..hahaha.

No really CHR..have it your way. The Ducati got better under Stoner..hahaha..I'm happy with that because it must mean he got shitter as a rider, which tends to be backed up by his results on the Honda. Silly me..hahaha.

Rode it like he stole it?..You ever watch those police action videos and clock how they end Pacey? AAH-HAhahahaha

Fkin priceless.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

There's only one poster here who's priceless bud lmfao ;)

Maybe being the 'Voice of Vale' on these boards is getting to ya? Too much weight upon your little shoulders? Screw the rest who dote on your every word mate. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy your next Strongbow in peace.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

.....................as for those Police videos wosi. They never show the ones that were too quick and got away do they?

Let yourself down there bud.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, you sap. Hahahaha haha

Listen to what Hayden said. " "It was the first time I rode the aluminium front frame and they have done a nice step there but we haven't fixed all our problems. " Not really saying it was a MASSIVE step eh? More like following the party line than a positive endorsement. You're losing credibility with every post Wosi, much like your man did with every race these past 2 seasons. Hahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The clue is when you read it CHR..as opposed to imagining what you'd like it to read. He says it was a 'nice step'..not a worse one, and certainly not the CF bike that a lot of you orange pansies insist was better and show-up your lack of technical comprehension by calling for it's return.

I'd just stick to slagging a 9 time world champ if I were you.

Here's one that is a lot more recent than the one you've spent the entire afternoon looking for, and chosen to disprove your own silly fanboy theory..bight as a button and right on the money as per usual clever lad.

"It's true we haven't solved the front of the bike, but I would say a lot of the stuff is better, there have definitely been some improvements from two years ago for me personally,"

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/hayden-ducati-definitely-progressing-174405378.html

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hardly the MASSIVE step you were ranting on about..

..you big pansy. Where have you seen me ask for the return of the CF bike, apart from in your fertile imagination, alone, at night, buried deep in your yellow fluffy pillow? I'm still waiting for you to explain how in the 2 years Hayden partnered Stoner, the collective haul was a massive 156 points more than when he partnered Rossi? You haven't got the bottle to address that point, because like your man, you're weak at heart...Hahaha

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR..

Listen Pal..I like you. I like your banter and reckon you may well have a bit of style.

BUT..I have yet to read any comment from you that goes deeper than that. You don't make any telling comments about the politcs, and you certainly don't have anything to add when it comes to how these bikes work.

If you apply the 25% equation I mentioned earlier, after taking your head from a dark place, you may start to get a little closer to understanding.

Take a look at Haydens rookie season on the Ducati, he had a nightmare to start with because he had to work with what Stoner wanted, which didn't suit him.

After Donington 2009, and Casey's unfathonable decision to run wets when everyone else chose slicks, he had the show to himself because Stoner went MIA. Ducati had to listen to him because he was on his own. He had a lttle bit more freedom to experiment with settings he wanted to try, which allowed him to emerge from Casey's shadow a little.

From that point onwards his results improved and he finished the season better than his struggling start. He continued this improvement through to 2010 and has his best season ever on the Ducati that year.

So when Hayden says that the current bike is better now than it was then, yet his results and points haul are significantly worse, I'm inclined to believe him. Ducati would appear to think the same as they will be going forward with the beam frame and not bringing back the CF monocoque.

I don't want to get into your petty arguments about whether it's better, much better or massively improved, that type of debate is for girls.

The fact of the matter is that you said that Ducati improved under Stoner but went backwards under Rossi, and used a set of facile disingenuous stats to back up the claim.

The reality is that the bike HAS improved but the results perhaps don't show it so much because the opposition improved. That the satellite bikes of Honda and Yamaha are regularly beating the works Ducati's and Hayden in particular now, as opposed to 2010, kinda gives us a clue.

I hope this addresses the point you figured wosi didn't have the heart or bottle to respond to Sunshine.

Try and be happy now that Casey has gone because your starting to make yourself look a bit of a lightweight.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

ooops.........there goes another straw!

Not many left bud. They'll be rarer than a Vale podium aboard the Duke at this rate ;)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Quality comment Buddy boy.

You got those orange panties at half mast, bent over..waiting for wosis boot?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

As long as those Doc Martins are polished (no-one likes dirty footwear) then i'm ready and waiting bud

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle