Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

Italian Andrea Iannone doubts he will be able to renew his rivalry with fellow MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez in the 2013 world championship. Iannone and Marquez had some memorable battles in the Moto2 class in 2011 and 2012, but both are preparing for very different challenges in their first MotoGP season. Iannone is part of Ducati’s bid to bounce back from a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Under pressure..

I'm a little surprised at Nakamoto piling the pressure on MM by saying he expects a podium on his debut.

Sure the kid is a big talent, probably has the best bike on the grid and everybody is eager to see how he fares, but it's a big step and surely HRC would be better served talking down expectation to start?

Pedrosa is still there going into his 8th season, albeit only because Casey retired, and I can understand him getting told he needs to deliver. I just hope Marquez doesn't over extend himself trying to live up to his bosses impatient requirements.

Bad man mangement in my opinion.

As for Iannone..if he can stick with team mate Speez he'll be punching well above his weight. Realistically, Andrea should be 12th if everyone finishes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Smart management

Nakamoto has probably noticed Marquez thrives under pressure. The further he's put under the cosh, the harder he fights. Conditioned reflex. His last race in Moto 2 was a perfect example and Crazy Joe knows it.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Good

Post wosi. But I don't think speez is much of a scalp to take. Iannone will out out score him no problem!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Really..

If that's the case Bootlegger, why is Marquez desperately trying to play down expectations..?

PS: Cheers 4646..love the Laguna podium shot.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Iannone

In my estimation will have the ability to end the championship higher than Spies but neither of them will be anywhere near Marquez.
Of course injuries could well change that!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rivalry and cheap words

Not really much of a rivalry is it. 74 and 131 points advantage for Marquez over the Manic Joe 2011 & 2012 respectively.

As for Nakamoto's words. That adds zero pressure to a two time world champion. Nakamoto san's utterances are hardly going to be ringing around Marquez' ears on track making him pull the trigger a little harder.

For the elite like our two plus one Aliens the only pressure is that which comes from within. Just because mentally fragile people like you yellow pantie sniffers believe in Uri Geller and Rossi 'mind games' it doesn't make them real.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

If that's the case Bootlegger, why is Marquez desperately trying to play down expectations..?

------------------------------------------------------------

So's Vale. What's your pointless point bud?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

As we saw with Stoner, pressure is real and some handle it better than others.

This ain't no outback donkey derby it's the pinnacle, complete with global coverage, a huge press corp, big money sponsors and millions of baying fans. Outside factors do influence and affect.

Nakamoto should know better and blamed himself for mis-managing Stoner after Germany, yet here he is doing it again with his 19yr old rookie protege.

He hailed 4th alien and serial disappointment Pedrosa a new man last year after he seemed to shake off a timid approach. At this level, a lot is in the mind.

Honda make the best racing bikes on the planet but have 2 titles in 9 years. Many have commented they're only interested in proving their product and disregard the human side.

I can see Marquez at Yamaha in a couple of years..much more of a family outfit.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

what the "F" nostril hair

Do you know about what goes on in the head of a two time word champ anyways. More useless rubbish from a washed up never-was. Damn straight outside pressure counts. Not as much if your winning of course, but if mistakes are made, ( and the rookies will make them) the pressure builds layer by layer.  Just ask your whining cant hack it stoner. 08 after laguna( do you remember laguna loser?) casey crashed twice in a row trying to prove that he felt no pressure from outside. Oh yeah and jorge did the exact same thing the following year trying to prove likewise. What do these things have in common?...try to keep up now...Rossi masterminded BOTH of their CHOKES!!! Marquez will feel the pressure this year and so will jorge. That is why Dani will win championship and rossi will come second. Jorge cracked this year but dani just ran out of time. If Dani doesnt win this year then im picking Rossito pull a Hayden 06....win a couple of races and win the championship by finishing every race in the points.  I think the three spaniards will battle too fiercely, and crash often. Heard it here first!! PS...I see stoner is already making friends in the v8 paddock, crying over "dangerous driving" as a rookie. He makes friends about as well as you wanker!!

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

yeah nice avatar, i think we all agree bar paceycasey that rossi wil always be one step higher stoner :) 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices