Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

Italian Andrea Iannone doubts he will be able to renew his rivalry with fellow MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez in the 2013 world championship. Iannone and Marquez had some memorable battles in the Moto2 class in 2011 and 2012, but both are preparing for very different challenges in their first MotoGP season. Iannone is part of Ducati’s bid to bounce back from a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Bad news for Crutchlow

When Yamaha promised Cal he'd be on the same bike as Lorenzo and Rossi I don't think he realsied they meant ...........all at the same time !!

http://joe-ks.com/archives_jul2012/MotorcycleTaxi.htm

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Yes really, Yamaha & Stoner Philllip Island only

If Stoner messed up, & finished nehind Lorenzo and/or Rossi  Yamaha could say 'not the bike's fault' And as I said, if he did well Yamaha could say ' You see, even this retired Aussie bloke can win a MOTO GP  on our bike within  a couple of hours of first sitting on it. Win-win for Yamaha. 

On a different rant;  I'm sure Ducati aren't too happy about the new qualifying rules coming in where the Friday practice times will count towards qualifying.  With so little testing being allowed, what they really need is to keep the old system so they can use the practice sessions to try new stuff on Friday and the start of Sat Quali; ---- pick the best of what they have for the last 20 mins of Qualifying to try to get a decent grid slot---- and then use the  race to see if they've moved forwards or backwards from last time.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

laguna seca 2008 (again)

Was a great ride by rossi vfr, apart from when he "cracked" in the corkscrew and would have taken both himself and another rider out, possibly at a velocity liable to cause significant injury, if that rider with the complete lack of racecraft had not had the reflexes and anticipation to remove himself from the racing line on the track (a place where it is often considered good racecraft to be situated) with some rapidity to retrieve the situation. Sure the incident showed valentino's absolute will to win etc etc, and amazing skill in not putting the bike down ab initio, but remains a mistake. As stoner said when he made what he freely admits was a mistake he elected to put his bike in the dirt rather than into valentino, which he could easily have done. By traditional arithmetic that makes 1 mistake each, in both of which it was entirely within stoner's volition that both bikes didn't go down, despite valentino's "racecraft".

The other thing is that now he has encountered the ducati himself and realised as david emmett puts it that stoner was" bringing a knife to a gunfight"  valentino  does not appear to be quite so triumphal himself, as his response to dainese recently rehashing some old comments by him concerning the incident would seem to indicate.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The start of the end..

"But this is racing Casey...happen"

The pain is still evident for us to see, all these years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lboSRZT2XxI

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

doohan

Every once in a while there comes a race that trancends time and defines a generation...the "wait till you see godgod then brake" moment of the swantz/raimey era for example. THE RACE will forever remembered for many things: pure, raw balls to wall no holds barred racecraft taught by the best that ever was. Your stonerizedversion is ...interesting. Lets see...the difference in those 2 "mistakes" as you call it was that rossi was able to save his and laugh about it later, while stoner was not able to save his mistake...and we all know he didnt laugh about later. As for the ducati...well rossi admitted hecouldnt adapt to it. Why is it even a matter of discussion. Its as bad as people talking about laguna...sheesh.Rossi rides for yamaha now and stoner rides his wife now so mone of it really matters. Tuesday matters and then fools like you will finally stop your bleating.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bleating..

It's amusing you use the word bleating and apply it to a Rossi fan in the context of LS08.

I don't know if you've ever watched the race, what with you being at work so often, but the corkscrew overtake happened very early in the race, the lead changed hands many times afterwards and it had absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome or result.

If wosi had a £ for evey time a Stoner fan blamed Rossi's mistake at that turn as the reason Stoner lost, he'd be watching re-runs from his Yacht moored off the Caymans on a 60 inch plasma, sipping pina colada's with a couple of chocolate beauties taking turns to snort columbian marching powder off his cock...they'd be fkin generous lines btw.

You're penultimate comment is typical. If it wasn't for Stoners reflexes and anticipation at the corkscrew/last turn, which of course was Rossi brake-checking, they would have both gone down. It was his fair-mindedness that handed Val the victory.

The reason it's still talked about and discussed is because the race was indeed defining. It defined Stoners graceless losing personality and his fragile mental state which was confirmed in the subsequent two races. The truth hurts..and Rossi fans use it as a tool to wind soppy fanboys like you up.

With regard to Sepang1. It doesn't matter..neither does Sepang2, Austin or Jerez. What WILL matter is the first Sunday at Qatar..and every Sunday raceday that makes up the season thereafter.

IF Rossi is fast and competitive, I guarantee you it won't be old wosi doing the bleating and looking a mug.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

doohanfan

Tuesday matters and then fools like you will finally stop your bleating.

Jeez I really hope this infantile bleating stops this season.
Early morning till late at night everyday!
Its' so fookin booooring guys. I know I do not have to read it but I joined this forum for adult discussion about motorcycle racing and it appears to be Rossi and Stoner fans pointlessly arguing all the time.Have some of you got a proper life or do you make this a full time job?  WTF.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you have obviously trained a few followers

in the art of the straw man argument wosi.

I have never said anything here or elsewhere  other than that rossi's 2008 championship was well deserved and probably his best imo, which would only be exceeded by him winning the 2013 championship and having his ago moment, on a yamaha to boot.

If you don't go to work yourself by choice wosi, congratulations. As it happens if I was independently wealthy I would probably still work, but perhaps not full-time, and perhaps I could then schedule my working week to match the motogp calendar, with a day to spare for possible postponements .The premier class Laguna seca race is run about 6 am in the morning sydney time, not an unreasonable hour.

The corkscrew thing didn't cost stoner the race, his mistake later in the race did, as he has acknowledged and as my post implies; perhaps I actuallly need to spell it out for people like you, vfr and pannyderosa,  who can't or choose not to read.

Stoner was entitled to be pissed off about nearly being taken out by a move which would have been illegal if deliberate, all  this stuff about jedi mind tricks from your superhero is arrant fanboy nonsense, he has won all those races and  championships because he was better most of the time than the riders he raced.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

infantile bleating

I am cut to the quick, pannyderosa (what a droll name) Some fan boy on the mcn forum  thinks I am a stoner fanboy for replying to a fanboy post by a rossi fanboy. What a chain of consequence.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

I sympathyse doohanfan

Yes I agree "a droll name" but most of the time it is a droll forum.
You however make a lot of sense with what you say compared to some.
Maybe just maybe next season we can have some good discussions without the rossi and stoner fanboys but I am not holding my breath.
Until then I will keep a low profile.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices