Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

Italian Andrea Iannone doubts he will be able to renew his rivalry with fellow MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez in the 2013 world championship. Iannone and Marquez had some memorable battles in the Moto2 class in 2011 and 2012, but both are preparing for very different challenges in their first MotoGP season. Iannone is part of Ducati’s bid to bounce back from a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

You've a real downer on Pedrosa but he's still been Honda's best / fastest following his rookie year, until Stoner joined. He beat Rossi in 2007 to finish 2nd and from then on has suffered injuries. 2012 saw him injury free and riding bloody well once they'd got him more comfortable with the tyres. Who else through those years could have done a better job other than Lorenzo or Rossi. There's no guarantee they would have beaten Pedrosa if on the same bike and he'd been injury free. He'll cane MM this year I believe.

I agree about Dovi though, for me he did nothing on his years with a factory Honda to warrant another top ride. He rode well last year but that doesn't negate the Repsol years for me. Leaving Yamaha's reasons for signing Rossi to one side, if I had to choose between two racers to sit on my bike in Motogp, Rossi or Dovi, there'd be no choice. Rossi is the better rider. I wouldn't put money on a factory M1 mounted Dovi to win a race, but I wouldn't bet against Rossi winning one.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Dovi

'Tis true, for all Dovi's podiums last year he didn't have what Cal had, and that's the raw speed. He's admitted as much himself.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh dear Buell

Once more you misunderstand.

VFR admonishes someone, I don't care who, telling them there is no way they can know what is in a two-time world champion's head

He then follows that up by telling everyone what went on in the minds of two two-time world champions and how they crumbled under pressure from Rossi.

I called him a hypocrite for expressing a view he said someone else couldn't have. Go that?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

misunderstand?

Don't think so....You criticise and you are so hypocritical.
Nothing to do with VFR's post.I understand completely.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

the difference simple bolt

Is that i based my statement on events that have happened. Stoner and lorenzo both made grand statements about how breezy they were after getting fucking schooled in racecraft by rossi in laguna and catalunya. Then when racing picked up again after summer break they both proceeded to bin it twice in a row. You dont need a phdin psychology to add 2 +2 dummy. They cracked!! That is based on the glorious principal that actions speak louder than words. Their words said i feel great; their actions screamed Im STRESSED!!. The retarded point that you are trying to compare that statement too was nostro' s ridiculous statement about FUTURE EVENTS that have yet to unfold. Saying that marquez and jorge and dani are imune to pressure this year is guessing. See dummy that is the difference. I analyzed the evidence...that is not mind reading. Your hero nostro claimed to know what they are going to feel like in the future. It bores me to have to explain this too you over and over....try to keep up liddle fella!! Nice touch pretending that you didnt realize that you were dfending your hero nostro, by claiming to be offended in principal only. So to review....past events are not mind reading when backed up by proof....guesses for future state of mind are called guesses not fact...you really do have bolts in your head, and from the soumd of things, nostril in your backside!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

It's only a pretend downer Bulto to wind up Nostril..and he has been a little unlucky with a couple of non-fault injuries BUT..he's been on a great package for a long time and beating Rossi ain't what triggers his bonuses from Honda. 

He's lucky to still have a seat there and Nakamoto seems to be losing patience. You can't blame him either.

He needs to get winning early and start racking up the points to put pressure on others. There's little doubt in my mind he wouldn't have won half the races he did if Jorge had been riding for 25pts and Stoner hadn't banged himself up.

I don't think it's gonna be any easier for him this year just because Casey's gone either.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

vfr

Is that i based my statement on events that have happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casey beat Vale more times than Vale beat Casey. So i'm with you on events that have happened bud.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

jokers

Plenty jokers on here.
pacey maybe he did but one has 9 titles and the other has 2.
One is very much liked and one is not really liked at all.
I would keep your big mouth shut if I were you.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

iannone handed marquez his arse on a plate a few times in moto2 tis a shame he aint got a competitive ride

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

pacey

Yes he did...vale made a huge mistake going to ducati...and his stats have taken a beating. I still believe thogh that he is a better rider than the last 2 years have shown. We will know soon enough and i for one cant wait to see if he still has it. I think that as the residue of the nightmare fades away, he will be able to fight with, though not dominate, the other aliens. I just dont understand how some think that his performance on the ducati is his natural place now. His natural place is still fighting for the podium,IMO, and back on the yamaha is where he will prove his true value....good or bad. If he sucks still then i will admit that hes done, as there are no excuses then. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices